Monday, February 11, 2008

Holy Spirit Led

Just wanted to encourage those of you who know God, to use the Holy Spirit within you.

God gave you the gift of the Holy Spirit to help guide and direct you. To help you make God driven decisions.

There was a situation not long ago where the Holy Spirit was trying to guide me. For me when the Holy Spirit is saying no to something I feel OVERWHELMED with sickness. In lamens terms i felt like i was gonna hork all over the place (sorry for that :) )

Anyway, He was saying no and I just knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking. Naturally I had people who questioned me on the matter and challenged me over and over. I became very overwhelmed with frustration and eventually (as I should have ) I questioned my soverign Lord "God, am i really doing the right thing?" Am I making the right decsions in my life.....are you really speaking to me through your spirit....please speak to me for I am listening" I ploped down once again on my couch and dove head first into his word. And IMMEDIATELY he spoke.

And this is what my awesome God said to me.......

Romans 8:6
6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;

Romans 8:9a
9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit...

Romans 8:14-15
14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.[a] And by him we cry, "Abba,[b] Father."

I like how he says you did not recieve as spirit of fear, or for me he said this is ME talking not fear.....and where he says you recieveed a spirit of sonship. I love how that is described sonship, makes me feel protected....he is trying to protect me.

Now this situation was DEFINATLEY gonna cause me to suffer and here is what he said to comfort me...

Romans 8:17
17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Basically if you are my child....you are gonna be called to sacrifice and your gonna suffer through this and when it is fixed or mended I (the Lord ) will be glorified.....and you will share in my glory.

And here is the kicker....i LOVE when he comforts me....its awesome....so when i asked God to speak I wrote down in my journal "GOD, I am FRUSTRATED" Here is the best part of what he spoke that day.

Romans 8:20-21
20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that[a] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

When the Lord speaks to you through his spirit...dont let anyone make you feel like you aren't hearing him. You do what the Lord has asked of you no matter HOW FRUSTRATING or how hard it is. He made that decision for me in hope that I (his creation) would be liberated from my bondage and brought into the GLORIOUS freedom of the children of God.

AMEN right????

Oh and I stink at spelling and my spell check doesnt work, so sorry if you cant read it......:0)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

yes, Amen! I experienced today this inner srtuggle over a decision I was trying to make, I remembered again, this struggle is my spirit against flesh. listen to the spirit. then I came across this post! thanks!

Staci said...

You are very welcome!!! I love when he uses what he has taught me to speak to others, that is the very reason i do this.....love ya