Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Learning To Pray!!



I think one of the things the Lord is trying to teach me presently, is how to be a woman who prays. I was inspired to write this blog for two different reasons. Number one is because of the entry in my good friend Steph's blog a few days ago. It is incredibly inspiring to see how the Lord responds to prayer. I love what God did for the Bucks AND I know that he is going to continue to do more because of the faith of His people. I also have seen countless other miracles when friends and family hit their knees for a one on one with their Father.

But I'm like Steph, prayer has not always been my strongest gift. And if I was to be honest, most of the time when i pray it is when i am in desperate need of something. I know, its horrible. However, a life full of prayer is something that I truly desire. But I always have a laundry list of reasons why I don't pray often, starting with the most popular of all excuses "I just don't have time." Really Staci??

That brings me to the second reason for being inspired to write this entry. As some of you may have read in one of my previous blog entries, I work on Wednesday mornings at a Dance Studio. This afternoon as I was leaving work and on my way home I came to a stop light and happened to notice the woman in the minivan behind me in my rear view mirror. (RABBIT TRAIL: which is completely ironic and totally meant to happen because for those of you who know me well, you would know that I lived without a rear view mirror in my 4 runner for what seemed like years cause it kept falling off and I got tired of trying to make it stick. I got sooo used to not having one i rarely use the one I actually have in my new car!!!) As my eyes came into focus on her, i noticed she had her head in her hands and she was just sobbing. I tried not to stare for too long, so as not to get caught and make her think i was gawking. But I just could not take my eyes off of her. It took me back to the many times I had been in this woman's position, not that I knew anything about what she might be going through. But it made me realize how much, when in those moments of grief, how much I could have used the prayers of Gods people.

It didn't take much for me to lift this woman up to the only one who could comfort her in her distress. In fact, I was done before the light even turned green. I guess I cant use the excuse "I just don't have time." anymore....

I don't know and probably never will know why that woman was crying, but I do know that the Lord put me in that very spot this afternoon for a reason. I know that there must have been times in my life as I sat crying in my car, that my distress may have not left that place of hopelessness if it weren't for the person sitting at the red light in front of me.

The Bible says in Ephesians 6:18 Never stop praying, especially for others. Always pray by the power of the Spirit. Stay alert and keep praying for God's people.

So I will do just that.

That brings me to this, I have added an email me button on the right side of this page just below the "Motivation for Moms" box. If you are in need of prayer in ANY area of your life, i want to help!! Please feel free to email me with any and all of your prayer requests. I believe in the power of prayer, and i would be honored if you would allow me to help in this way!!

0 comments: