Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Okay God...I hear you!!!

Every once in a while I will have one of those "okay God" moments. A moment where I hear the Lord LOUD and CLEAR, well I heard him this afternoon and I just thought I would share that moment with you.

So remember my Real, Deep, Always blog a couple of days ago? At the time I was feeling very frustrated with my walk....I guess I was feeling like it had to be flawless, without err. And I was struggling to understand why I couldn't seek Him consistently, daily, on a very regular basis...however you want to put it. You see, I tend to be very hard on myself, I am an all or nothing person, that is a huge flaw in my life.....there doesn't seem to be much middle ground with me. Either I want it or I don't. All the way or no way at all. So, the Lord spoke to a wonderful friend of mine through another blog this afternoon, and after remembering what i was going through she shared it with me as quickly as she could. Here is what He said to me:

The day before yesterday I got on my knees and prayed about all my fears, doubts, worries. Why don’t I trust God the way I should? Why do I go back to that place of relying on my own power? Why do I let the fear overtake me? When will I be the person I wish I could be?

I didn’t get an answer.

But then yesterday morning, I walked my dogs down to an empty field by our house to let them run. I stood there watching them and noticed one lone bluebonnet sprouting up in the middle of the field.


I know from past years that in another week, the entire field will be covered in bluebonnets.

But, for now, there is just that one.

And I felt God say to me in the still, small place in my heart, “My girl, that’s how it is sometimes. After a long winter, spring doesn’t always happen all at once. It happens one flower at a time. I make all things beautiful, one flower at a time.”


“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” Ecclesiastes 3:11


You see I don't have to feel frustration, because the Lord has a time for everything. He doesn't always move at the speed we would have Him move, and he NEVER expects perfection. And God loves to speak gentleness and peace to His children, just like our earthly fathers would do if we were hurting or confused. And I am very thankful that my wonderful friend was listening for Him on my behalf!!!

2 comments:

Joey & Stephanie said...

God is GOOD! And you know, that's why He didn't put us here alone. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." I'm so thankful for our friendship, Stac. You're such a blessing!

Joey & Stephanie said...

BTW... I love that you change your blog style all the time. You crack me up!!