Sunday, May 4, 2008

Shooooo fly dont bother me....

I taught Landon this song (origination I'm not sure of I just know it) and he thinks its hilarious....only now with our obvious hate of mosquitoes we say mosquito instead of fly.....



Anyway, I just wanted to update you on Landon's 4 quarter sized mosquito bites that his ever so paranoid Mother (yeah that would be me) freaked out about.



So if you prayed....then i thank you, if you didn't SHAME on you!! I am so kidding.....But they are now the size of needle heads ( idk its midnight i cant think of anything else that small, get over it!!)



I mean to tell you I loaded those babies up with alcohol and benedryl and antibiotic ointment every few hours....i was serious folks you just have no idea. But I promise as paranoid as i am, i have no shame in admitting that, they WERE getting infected. And I believe that God protected my sweet lil man, and heard me ask for his healing. So, again, if you prayed then thank you!!

I know that I promised I would write about what I had learned when we were going through this MRSA maddness back in OCT of 07. But I got busy and forgot, so this is me doing what I said i would do.

So at the time I was going through a MAJOR life change.....I couldn't tell left from right, up from down I was so confused and unsure of what God had in mind for me. All I knew was that He was calling me to FOLLOW and I had this terrible feeling if I didn't he just might send a bolt of lightning from the heavens and "THAT'S ALL FOLKS" its kinda like when you get in a fight with one of your parental units and you walk to your room and slam the door as hard as you can to let them know you THOROUGHLY disapprove, and then you sit there thinking "did i REALLY just do that?? Shes gonna kill me!!" Yeah that's how it felt. Sorry MAJOR rabbit trail.

Ok so getting back on track....He called, and I didn't dare not listen. He asked me to do things I never would have thought I could do.... and I did. He called me to not do things that I was ever so used to doing....cutting out patterns in my life. He called me to meet on a weekly basis with a therapist (UH God I'm not crazy, little did i know, i AM....okay I'm not) Basically I was called to CHANGE my life completely.

First thing I did was confess. I feel incredibly sorry for the sweet friend of mine that I poured my deepest darkest out on.....OH LORD HAVE MERCY, she must have been thinking....just kidding :) You just have NO idea how freeing it is to lay your sins at the feet of Jesus, he called me to confess to this friend so that she could help bare my burdens for a time, and pray for my recovery.....and that she did, and i am thankful for her prayers and her advice.

The second thing i did, was get myself "connected" in a bible study, now this study was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for me....it was if God orchestrated it just for me. As a group we read through "Get Outta That Pit" by Beth Moore. And if you haven't read this, well your missin out. As I read through this book and met with theses ladies I heard God speak to me.....He not only comforted me, at times he disciplined me. But it was the most GLORIOUS feeling to hear my Fathers voice again.

So while going through this book and trying to piece my walk with Christ back together, the enemy got wind.....and he was like "OH NO SHE DIIIIENT" the enemy got wind and threw every obstacle he possibly could in my way. Even using my children to make me feel like he was winning, like i would be defeated. There is a line in this book that says "Don't you stop until the enemy is sorry he ever messed with you!!!!!" And ladies, (i say ladies as if there is never a man reading this....sorry guys) although tired, dismayed, bewildered, sad, mad at times, I HAVE NOT STOPPED!!

Anyway, enter MRSA....and I'm like "Ok God, I know that this is one of the enemies schemes, I get that, but WHY are you allowing this?" "What can I possibly learn?" And then it hit me like a ton of bricks

Okay sorry but side note..... When someone gets a staph infection ie MRSA, the only way to treat it is to remove it. So basically what they do is they lance the spot, and they dig out all of the infection. Then, and this is the most terrible thing of all, they leave it OPEN!!! GASP, I know!!! They leave the spot OPEN and vulnerable BUT not before packing it with the medicated gauze. Basically this wound has to heal from the INSIDE/OUT!!!

Okay do I really have to explain what the Lord was teaching me??

Yes??

No??

Too bad I will anyway.

Okay sorry but side note..... When someone gets a staph infection ie MRSA, the only way to treat it is to remove it. So basically what they do is they lance the spot, The Lord cut me open and they dig out all of the infection. And removed all my sin Then, and this is the most terrible thing of all, they leave it OPEN!!! He left me open and vulnerable GASP, I know!!! They leave the spot OPEN and vulnerable BUT not before packing it with the medicated gauze. But not before filling me with the good stuff: his love, his word Basically this wound has to heal from the INSIDE/OUT!!! He wanted to heal me from the inside out!!!!

It was as if His purpose was manifesting RIGHT BEFORE MY VERY EYES!!!!

Listen peeps, I don't believe for a second that God would want to hurt my precious child. But I do believe that He will take those situations and help you see the good that can come from it. Always seek the Lord in times such as these....you may be surprised what He wants to teach you from it.


0 comments: