Monday, May 5, 2008

Snoodle Do

Okay there is absolutely NO WAY that I can go on about my life with out telling yall what I learned this weekend when i went to the MUG AND A MUFFIN event at Community Bible.

Okay so, if your a blogger, then you've most assuredly come across Big Mommas' blog, if you haven't you are seriously behind!!! And you must check it out.

So anyway, Big Momma (not her real name, and shes not big AT ALL) spoke at CBC on sat morning, and Steph invited me to come along. So we went all excited about getting to see what Big Momma really looked like. I mean we went to here spiritual women talk about spiritual stuff, yeah, that's it.....kidding.

Anyway I was DEEPLY moved when I heard her talk. She began with talking about her blog and the doors that it had opened for her. She talked about how God called her to quit her job when there could be no way they would make it with out her income. And then she talked about the snoodle do. Oh yes folks good ole Veggie Tales.....Now unlike Big Momma I have a "thing" for the veggie tales, and it is because when i was prego I wanted to find the best "baby" for my baby.....a "baby" is a stuffed animal or doll that your child can sleep with to feel comfortable, or take with him when he/she will be away from Mommy and Daddy for comfort. Anyway I came upon a Jr. Asparagus Doll at Target one day and I could NOT pass it up....it was the cutest darn thing this side of the Pecos and I am SO not kidding....it resembled a glow worm in that it had the glowing eyes, and when you pressed its tummy it sings "God is bigger than the boogie man" and to THIS DAY Logan sleeps with it.

Anyway, The snoodle do story is truly, in her words "the most profound cartoon she has ever seen" And ladies and gentlemen it is JUST THAT. I am BEGGING you to watch it, because it is the FIRST thing i did when i arrived home from listening to her speak....and i was JUST as moved as she......so i am posting it below.....after you watch the two parts then read
on




You see, that is what tends to happen to alot of people in this world....I LOVE how Big Momma described children as being sooo confident .....think about it when you see a small child how they always shout out "LOOK AT ME" she went on to say she believes its because we are sooo fresh from heaven that we just cant help but be confident.....because we have not been sooo beat down by the world and told how worthless we are!!!!!

I love when His creator takes the pictures out of his pack and says "Dear Boy, these look nothing like you" and then paints a beautiful picture of how HE sees him......Cant you relate to the little snoodle saying "But Sir, Are you saying that's ME?" "Id like to believe it but sir I'm afraid to!!" And Gods answer "But I know who you are for i made you" I have gooseys

Think about ALL the times you have fallen and others have been faithful to remind you, Gods answer : "Ive seen you fall down in the muck and the goo, I seen ALL you've done and ALL you will do....I gave you your pack and your paints and your wings, I chose them for you, they are YOUR special things."

And for those who don't understand why God doesn't just save everyone, it is because he gave you the gift of free will....and i love how they point that out when the little snoodle asks "But sir, if you made this incredible land, cant you make snoodles obey your command" And God answers to the small "A gift that's demanded is NO gift at all."

BUT, my most favorite part of this entire cartoon is this it completely spoke for itself:

Here's what YOU look like, here's how I see you,
Put this in your pack and you'll find it will free you,
From ALL of the pictures and ALL of the lies,
that others made up just to cut down your size

And lastly, your wings
you know what they're for
They're not just to fly son
I WANT YOU TO SOAR!!!!

Always remember that YOU were fearfully and WONDERFULLY made by God for a purpose. He LOVES you, and wants you to SOAR.

Now go hug your children, and tell them how special they are like i did when i got home!!! :)

Love yall

0 comments: