Friday, June 13, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday


Okay so heres the deal.....I headed to Steph's page just now and saw her "my husband rocks" entry, and remembered another entry on our new blogger buddy Katy lins page (SUP KATY).....so being the follower i am NOT!!!! (sorry thats just wrong not to mention nerdy) I thought I would go ahead and mention that my husband also ROCKS.....


Now, I dont have any flashy rings or buff bodies to show you, LOL (sorry steph i had too, but im so messin with ya) but I do however have the most tender hearted, God fearing, loving, sweet, sensitive husband on the face of the planet!!!


I had already decided after reading Heathers "how i met my husband" novel (which i love so much i am totally on the edge waiting for the next rendition) that I was going to write a novel of my own about how the Lord brought us together, so stay tuned cause it is a great story if i do say so myself. But because I want yall to know right away how amazing of a man he is, i will tell you a lil tid bit from today.


Okay so we are still in Florida.....but ive had just about all the sand/saltwater in the eye/sand in between my butt cheeks/screaming exhausted children that I can take. You stay at home Moms will understand why I laugh when people call this a vacation.....i mean a vacation to me would be on an island somewhere, with noone but me myself and I, where I could sleep for seven days without hearing "mom im hungry" "mom heeee puuuusssshed me" "Honey, wheres my (insert item of clothing here)" "babe could you rub my shoulders tonight" yada yada yada.....



As I was saying.....i have had it up to HERE with Florida....and i am sooo ready to come back to the comforts of home, so i am a tad bit cranky if you will. Not to mention I am the babysitter whilest every one else hangs on the beach.....so im throwin a tantrum knowing that I am going to be the one who has to change all the sheets on the beds, and do all the laundry hanging out on the front porch and laying on the floor, etc etc and I had just put Landon in his crib (screaming I might add cause he wants to read a Thomas the train book i have read to him until i cant read anymore) and I stomp off to put some laundry in the washing machine, when i return I hear silence, im like "dang he must have been tired" (if you know Landon he is a stubborn lil thing, and will scream till he gets what he wants) but then i hear a faded hum.......


I walk into the room that we have Landon in.....peek around the corner......and I see Jason cradling Landon in his arms singing Silent Night .....I know he sang that because he loved it so much as a child.
It is in moments like this....that all of that self pity fades....and I remember how truly blessed i am. There are not many men that are as tender towards their children as Jason is. He ALWAYS shows them the deepest affections, hugs, kisses, noseys......and he would be content to just hold either one of them in his arms all day long.....


Jason has not always been the man he is today(and trust me its not like he was EVER a bad husband) but I truly believe having children and prayer for my beloved has changed him in ways i cannot even explain. I have prayed in all the years we have been together (we have been together since 1994 and married since 2000) that God would mold him into an emotional man. I know some of you women could write a book on this matter. BUT, God has heard my crys. He is the man I was ALWAYS meant to be with.....EVERY single need that I have cried out to God for has been met.


See this is the thing girls, Men, they are not like us. Their emotions dont run as deep as ours do. I believe, because of all that I have been through with Jason, that God made it like this so that we would learn how to fervently pray for the men in our lives, and thus become closer to THE MAN that could love us like NO OTHER, Our TRUE father, our God........AMEN???
So anyway without any further ADO.....MY HUSBAND ROCKS TOO!!!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Perfectly said. And Jason's love and sensitivity towards the boys is so obvious. You are truly blessed.

Katy Lin :) said...

yay for new blog friends! thanks for the link love! - it looks and sounds like you have a wonderful family :)

Katy Lin :) said...

i've given you an award on my blog! come check it out!

Stacy said...

Staci-Wow! I love the way you honored Jason in this post. God has not only answered your prayers but he has answered Jason's prayers. I am totally blessed by this post. God is able to do HUGE things with our tears.

Love you- Stacy

Feathering My Nest said...

Staci, What a beautiful tribute to your husband. Your family is beautiful. The beach photos are wonderful and you look fabulous. You are so blessed. Kathi