Friday, June 20, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday

So, just a heads up starting next Thursday I am going to do my first rendition of "Think Back Thursday" (totally ganked that from another blogger) Titled "Superman Stinks" (this is the first chapter in "How I Met My Hubby" So Stay Tuned!!!!

Back to how my husband rocks for this week. I want to tell a story about One Hundred and One ways my husband Loves me.

Now Jay and I may look like this perfect couple, and truth be told, right now, we are pretty close to it....we have never been so happy and sooo close. We have learned how to be selfless in our marriage, and that COMMUNICATION with one another AND the Lord are the most important things in a marriage EVER, EVERYTHING else falls into place after that.

Anyway like i said we have not always been this n'sync. There was a time where I felt like our marriage was falling apart. Being the selfish brat I was, i made it known when i wasn't happy by acting out or rebelling (by saying this im not referring to Jason as if he treats me like a child, but i SURE did act like one at times) or pushing him away, so Jason knew that it was time for him to express to me how much he REALLY did and does love me. As a guy, it was hard for him to meet my emotional needs, in my heart i knew he loved me......but outwardly it wasn't as obvious.

So one day he calls me up at work and tells me to go buy a new dress (at this point i am like already falling in love with him in a new and exciting way, i mean what husband does that??? GO BUY A NEW DRESS??? SAAA WEET) and to pack a bag for the night cause we are going to do something "special." So I head to Macy's and find the PERFECT black strapless dress (knee length) with a red ribbon that ties right above the waist line, and then head back to the house to pack an over night bag.

First he takes me to my FAVORITE place to eat, which happens to be "The Cheesecake Factory" Not just because of their yummy deserts, but also be cause their plates are ridiculously huge, and i may be a small girl, but i can totally throw down like nobodies business!!!

Then it was on swig a cute lil martini bar on the river walk, we hung out there for a while and had a few drinks before it was on to my real surprise!!!

So we end up at this FANCY schmancy hotel in Down town SA and just the look in the lobby itself was surprise enough for me, i could have parked it there all night long on those BIG leather couches and grand ceilings, BEAUTIFUL!!! So he sits me down in the lobby and tells me he will call me when he is ready for me to come up to the room. I sat there for a good thirty mins and that was fine with me because like i said this hotel was GORGEOUS.....CHECK IT OUT!!!
So then i get the call, and head up to room 207 (if i remember correctly) he comes out and blindfolds me.....hmmmm........then he leads me into the room, and just before he takes off the blindfold he tells me "I love you soo much that i decided to sit down and come up with 101 reasons why "

When he removed the blind fold it was the most BEAUTIFUL site i had EVER seen. There were (I KID YOU NOT) 101 beautifully lit candles, and by each candle was one reason (on a lil piece of paper) why he loved me.......*sigh*

Then he handed me a hand made card with a poem he had written on it (which is too personal to share) at the bottom it said pull here and when i did the piece i pulled out said "may I have this dance" He pressed play on a lil boom box and on came our song "I get carried away" by George Straight (song we danced to at our wedding) And for those of yall who know jay and his phobia of dancing, this was BIG!!! I bawled as i walked around to each candle and read the words written.....i made sure to read every last one.

THERE IS MORE!!!

Then he walked me into the bathroom where there was a bath drawn for me with rose petals and bubble bath.

When I awoke the next morning, he said, "here take this to the spa" "You have an appt waiting, i will see you when you are done"

WHAT??? DUDE!!!! I love him......

Couldn't you just die??

That's just ONE of the MANY reasons my husband rocks!!!!




25 comments:

Katy Lin :) said...

rocks and rolls!!!! omw girl! talk about amazing! this is awesome! what a wonderful memory - he sounds like a great guy!

christie said...

Seriously???
I think that's the sweetest thing EVER!

KimmyJ said...

Can he come over and give my hubs a little help in that department? Seriously, he could make bank as a consultant.

Mrs. Parks said...

I LOVE this story!

ugagirl30 said...

That might just be the most romantic thing I have ever heard!! You are right...he rocks!!

Baird's Blessings said...

Awesome! You are very blessed to have an amazing, God loving man!

Sherri said...

That is sooooooooo romantic!! There is no way in H&!! my husband would think of anything so cool!!!

Heather said...

NO. WAY. Your husband is hands down the most romantic man I've ever heard of. That was amazing.

THE Stephanie said...

Uh... how have I never heard this before?? That's amazing Stac!!

The Epps Family said...

You and your family are PRECIOUS!! I can't wait to read more! Great pix, too!

Angie said...

Wow, that is one awesome guy you've got! I'm visiting from SITS. Your site is gorgeous!

Bethany said...

I am so very jealous!

LisaPetrarcaBlog said...

What a thoughtful and amazing story... thanks for sharing! I think we all tend to take our spouses for granted and should stop and think about the special times together. It might bring back the spark that can tend to fizzle or flicker out as the daily routine of kids, work, sports, and busyness takes over.

Thanks for the reminder...of to plan a special weekend with my hubby LOL!!

Cookie said...

You are one luck duck!! My hubby would not have EVER thought to EVER do that in a hundred years! Way to go... "Hubby rocks" for sure!

Shannon said...

hmmmm...what blogger did you get TBT from? LOL! It's a fun theme to do!

The Mom said...

Sounds like a very sweet man you have there! You have a beautiful family!

American in Norway said...

I am going to make my husband read this & maybe he will get some idea!! Very romantic!!

ChristiS said...

oh WOW! He rocks! He needs to be giving lessons to hubbies around the world!!

Tausha said...

Are you kidding me! My husband is fantastic, but he has never done that for me. I want him too-so I am going to have him read this post! YOu have got a good man. Good thing you posted about it-then when he has forgotten how to be romantic, you can remind him just by telling him to go and read this!!

Gina said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!
Talk about an absolute SERIOUS romantic!!!!!
Good job with making him watch all the chick flicks- it's totally paying off!!!!
haha!
How AMAZING for you to be so incredibly loved!!!!!!!!!!!

Merrie said...

That's quite a guy you've got there -- hang on to him! Congrats on a happy marriage.

StacyRenee said...

I loved this story. You truely are blessed. It makes me think back on all the wonderful times hubby and I have had over the last 15+ years. Makes me want the next 6 months to go by in a blink so I can see him again.

Alicia said...

your hubby seems incredible! You are a luck lady.

Melissa Lester said...

Wow, what a romantic guy! I hope he will always keep the spark alive! You are so blessed!

Jill said...

That is so sweet and amazing. I think we would be friends if we met IRL. We seem to have some of the same tastes. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

PS, I really like Plumb :) Also, Sarah Groves is really good.