Friday, June 27, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday

Okay its that time ladies and gentlemen, to tell you this weeks rendition of why MY HUBBY ROCKS.




You see we have this mimaw in our lives who loves to spoil my boys (and spoiled me rotten as a child as well) She decided one day to buy our boys a new play scape. And it happens to be one of the coolest play scapes i have EVER seen. It took us about 2 months to get our HOA to approve it (dont get me started) but FINALLY about 2 weeks ago they did, and so my hubby got to work straight away.




Now on the first day he had to take the trampoline down first.....this is because i refuse to have my back yard cluttered with a shed, a play scape, AND a trampoline....eventually i want trees and flowers, and that just did not work for me. So without even asking I gave our trampoline away to the first person I thought of. Ryan and Stacy have LOTS of room at their house!!! And two girls and LOADS of nieces and nephews to play with, so naturally I called up Stace and told her it was hers if she wanted it.




Ryan came and helped us take it down, loaded it up and took it back to their house, then the boys came back and started on the play scape....this is what they did.....






Now i know this doesn't look like much, but this darn thing came with 6 boxes of crap.....HUGE boxes.....it took them a good long time to do that.




Jay, gimp leg, pinched nerve, slipped disc and all has been coming home everyday to do more.....this is what he has accomplished and hopes to finish by tomorrow.



What a guy, he is in sooo much pain he cant even sit for long periods of time, and yet he still strives on to finish it for our children!!! Here is all thats left.........oh, and spare me the comments about how water starved our grass is, we live in africa people.....its rediculously hot, there has been NO RAIN, and we have water resrictions......... :)

I have the best hubby ever!!! You ROCK baby!!!

9 comments:

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

WOW! What an awesome job! yeah for him, especially playing injured!

Katy Lin :) said...

what a great guy! you can tell that he's just crazy about you and your children :) - that's a rocking awesome playground, too! who needs the park?

THE Stephanie said...

Looks good!! When are we invited over to play?? lol

Chris Rasco said...

I totally didn't consult with our HOA before I put ours up. I decided I didn't need their approval. (We live in the same neighborhood and have the same playset).

Looking good though guys.

One piece of advice, carefully look at which blue metal plates you use for the swingset joists. I used the one that is meant for attaching the entire assembly to the fort portion on the part for the legs. So when it got to the final step of attaching it, mine had no hole. I had to get out the drill and make one because the alternative of taking the entire swing set assembly apart was just not going to happen.

Also, be glad your backyard is flat. Ours has a slight slope and the whole thing currently sits on large paver stones to keep it level.

Staci said...

LOL i love you hot tub, i love how you said "playing injured...because he does that alot !!!! but i think he really is hurtin.....steph you can come over anytime, an chris, thanks that will save us alot of grief, katy, you are tooo sweet!!!

KimmyJ said...

Looks like hours of fun for kiddos and more blogging time for Mama!

Mar said...

Wow! Love the playset!

Rhea said...

He definitely rocks!! Awesome!

At Home Redesigns said...

Looks like a lot of fun!