Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Real Raggin Wed First Rag

Hey girls okay so i have officially started "Real Raggin Wednesdays" If you have NO idea what i am talkin about click here to read the rules so that YOU TOO can participate.

So now on to my Raggin

Today I have chosen to rag on OPRAH!!!!

"Please dont kill me freaky bloggers" (please tell me youve seen "nothing to loose", if you havent you must go out and rent it today)

Anyway, I know that there are probably still some die hard Oprah fans out there and if you are one of them, i am sorry but i simply MUST get this off my chest.

Dear Oprah,

What in the H-E-double hockey sticks has happened to you? Who is holding the REAL Oprah hostage, where is she people, if you have her please send her back to Harpo studios immediately.

Oprah, there was a time when I would almost cause car wreaks, pile ups if you will, just to get home to see your show. I loved the time you had Tom Cruise on the show, because it made me feel like i wasnt the only person on this earth that might need "help"........I cherished the show with Lisa Ling (i really did) where she did the documentary on "the dying rooms" in China, cause it made me realize I have a heart for hurting children. Although im not a fan AT ALL of the Osmond's I watched it cause gosh darnit I try to be....I also LOVE your segments on clothing the REAL women of this world....cause lets face it not everyone looks like Kate Moss.

So Oprah, dear Oprah.....WHY oh dear God WHY have you changed so???? Why are you all of the sudden talking about "past life's" and "reincarnation" and "regressions" whhhy (im whispering this why)

I have to be honest, i have completely avoided your show for the last 6-9 months because i cant take it anymore.....i mean ive gone to battle with my husband and many dear friends when they called you "the anti Christ" Now, i may be starting to believe it....well not really but i mean come on Oprah.

I about fell off my couch yesterday when i decided to brave the world of oprah again and saw those poor naive innocent people being led to believe that they were an Indian in their past life that was killed with a sharp tool such as a arrow head, and that is why they are terrified of, get this people, CORNERS.......COME ON OPRAH!!!! ARE YOU KIDDIN ME RIGHT NOW.

If you all think i am kidding, here is some script from her show yesterday that proves Oprah has indeed fallin off the wagon my friends.......


Since Erin was old enough to remember, she says she's been paralyzed by a fear of sharp corners and terrified by the idea of someone touching her neck. For the past 30 years, she's hid her phobias from friends. Now, she's ready to speak out and get to the root of her fear. "It controlled my whole life really. None of my friends know about it, so I have little rituals that I would do to cover it up," she says. "Anything that had a sharp object, I had to try to rearrange the situation."


Erin agrees to meet with Dr. Weiss to try to unlock the mysteries of her phobias.

During their first session, Erin taps into the life of a Native American man living in the 1800s. She glimpses the sharp, pointed spear of an attacker. As the session continues, Dr. Weiss guides her into another past life, which helps explain her fear of having her neck touched.

In this past life, Erin says she thinks she was a prostitute who died by strangulation. "I don't feel very good about myself. That's why I think I'm a prostitute," she says. She envisions herself sitting on the edge of a bed, putting on stockings. Then, she sees a man strangling her from behind. As Erin comes out of her regression, she begins to confront her fears head-on. "Visualize a sharp corner, and let the fear go because that's all it is. Look at it in your mind. Look at any corner," Dr. Weiss says. "You can be cured of this quickly. … You can touch it. It's safe now."

For the first time in years, Erin says she's able to touch her neck and visualize sharp corners without feeling anxious. "I feel so much better," she says. "I can't believe that I can actually look at a corner now and touch my neck…it's amazing."

"There's no more fear," Dr. Weiss says. "You're free now."

When Erin regressed back to the life of a Native American man, she says she saw images of him being stabbed near the eye with a sharp object. "When I fell in my death, I smacked my head on a piece of granite, so I don't like things close to my face or next to my eye," she says. "When [Dr. Weiss] was talking me through all of this, I saw elevator doors close right after the death, and I asked him what that meant. He said, 'You've closed that chapter in your life.'"


*sigh* seriously?? i cant handle it....i have sooo much to say to this "Dr. Idiot" but it would take me days to type it all out so i am moving ahead......

I also watched a video where she talked about this book called "the new earth" and she says she was leery of bringing the author on the show for fear people might think she has lost her mind.

NEWS FLASH OPRAH !!! YOU HAVE!!!

Okay now i realize that i might be being a tad judgemental.....and i am sorry about that I really am....but it makes me sad to see someone buying into something like this, because to me, it looks like these women are making this stuff up as they lie there thinking "i dont feel hypnotized....so what the heck do i say, i mean im on the Oprah show....i gotta say something else i wont get my 15 mins of fame......it all looks soooo fake to me......

What happened to the Oprah who in the past would have said, "REALLY??" instead of "hmmm interesting"

UGH!!!

I digress, I am now extending forgiveness to Oprah.

Oprah, I forgive you for leading the nation to hell.....lol kidding

Oprah, I forgive you for being lost. I forgive you for being "caught up" in the worlds perception of creation. I forgive you for being easily swayed because of your terrible past. I forgive you for being angry at God because of what you had to endure as a child. You my friend are an amazing, loving, giving person, who obviously has been through alot.


I can totally hear Jesus saying "forgive them father, for they know not what they do"

I realize that most of you may not agree with ME and may think I am the crazy one.....that is okay....this is MY opinion, it may not be true to who you are......but it is mine.....if you disagree, i welcome your comments......I welcome comments from all of ya!!!

Update* I want to make sure you all read what Real Raggin Wed is all about so if you scroll just below this you will see the rules, it is about getting what you are upset about off your chest and then forgiveing and moving forward.....I dont contribute to a bunch of whining and complaining just to do it.....I want to join in learning with you how to forgive and to love those we dont necessarily agree with..... no matter how hard it is......... Here is the Link to read the rules:

http://theloalbos.blogspot.com/2008/06/real-raggin-wednesdays.html

Update#2 (hey you guys can totally rag on me!!!)and now forgive me all for being judgemental, for calling Dr. Weiss "Dr. Idiot" and for saying that those women "were fakin" Forgive me for using the word forgive soo much.....LOL
Im serious, i dont want to hurt anyones feelings, if you believe this stuff more power to ya, I will still read your blogs and be your friend :) I love yalls honest feed back!!!

oh and forgive me for makin this sooo long by adding so many disclaimers....;) Im still gettin used to being real myself.....

26 comments:

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I too used to be an Oprah fan (my ex-MIL called or Ofrey...)When I moved a friend offered to pay for a DVR for me so I could record MY stuff and watch it when the girls went to bed. I was so exicted to get to record and watch Orfey. So I sat down one night - diet coke in one hand, carrot sticks in another, all ready to get me on some Orphy lovin. I made it through about 7 minutes, then deleted both that show, and cancelled the recuring recording. That Orphy is off her rocker....

KimmyJ said...

I'm so dorky, I left my Wednesday rag on Tuesday. Wow! Oprah is so all about herself sometimes - that is what gets to me. Did she forget what it was like to have a median income?? I did read A New Earth because I am a book fend, and I found some interesting insights in there that applied to me personally and I think helped me be a better person. Do I believe in everything in the book, no, but I feel you can always get something out of a book and you don't have to drink the kool aid.

THE Stephanie said...

Funny thing is I'm usually at work and NEVER get to see it, but yesterday, it all my pain and Vicodin induced hallucinations... I thought I deamed that!!! Guess she really is crazy...

Toni said...

I feel the exact same way LOL Oprah has gotten majorly "O"nnoying for lack of a better term. Thank you for voicing the opinion of many of us women who used to love Oprah and now flip the channel when she comes on.

The Mom said...

I've just recently taken Oprah off my DVR recording...all I want to catch is the "favorite things" show...that's all.

Great idea!!

Staci said...

OMG toni, i almost choked when i read the O nnoying comment, and dont worry kimmyj youll get it right :) and yes the mom and hottub (can you girls PLEEASE tell me your real names) she is def off her rocker and should be taken off your DVR at all costs!!!

And no steph you werent hallucentating (spelling???) she really was talking about past lifes and reincarnation.....and indians prostitutes and dolls....whatev....ive forgiven ive forgiven

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I'll tell you, but lets keep it on the down low ;) It's Beth

Staci said...

im a retard, cause lizzy should have clued me in hahahaaaa true hair color shineing through.....thanks beth!!

Jennifer P. said...

I'm an on again/ off again Oprah fan. I use to watch just for Nate, but then he got a little into himself, over-the-top and just wasn't as fun. Oprah is one of those people who says she's "spiritual", not "religious", and sadly--those types get beat around by every wind of doctrine. What made me really sad was to see poor Dr. Oz falling for all the past life regression stuff too.

So, in regards to Oprah, I guess you can't be a bagajillionaire and continue to "relate" to the common woman.

I don't know if I'll do my own ragging, but I'll for sure come join in your ragging every Wednesday :)!

We better keep this one pretty secret though or the Oprah armu might come after us.....

Toni said...

Yes ladies and gentlemen I am for hire, you never knew you had a comic in your midst did you LOL (okay so not really it's rare I come up with something noteworthy Staci, but I even give myself props for that one)

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Wanna read a 5-year-olds version of a blonde joke? Check this out - http://hottublizzy.blogspot.com/2008/06/did-you-feel-it.html

Katy Lin :) said...

i'm with you totally! she used to be way more practical and helpful and now she has jumped onto the new age bandwagon totally!

scargosun said...

I was right with you up until the point you made about her hating God and that is why she would be looking into other forms of spirituality. Feel free to rag on Oprah for being a bit off the mark but please do not make her spirituality or lack there of to blame.

Staci said...

Hey scargosun,

thanks for your honest comment on my blog, BUT i must respond because i just want to make sure you understand a few things,

i do not mean to force ANY of my belifes on anyone, i made sure to clarify that before i posted it, and afterall this is my site/and my oppinion and its about being real with how i feel.

and also I have actually heard her say, in these series of shows, that she is "angry with the Lord" if i can find a youtube of it i will post it so that you can see I am not making things up or trying to hurt her.

and lastly, again I want to thank YOU for being real, because that is what this idea of real raggin wednesdays is all about.....I have watched her faithfully, and even though i was almost positive (until hearing her say it) that she was angry at God, I still watched, because if you knew me personally, you would know I HATE judgement. I will never say something judgemental until i know it is true.....I hate that she is leading the majority of the US to believe that WE are in control of OUR universe when there is 50 bajillion of us....ya know what i mean??

hope we can continue to be real with one another....:)

scargosun said...

Totally understand Staci! That is what blogs are for, open communication. :) I will always be real and appriciate you being real as well. I know I can count on you for it. I do like the idea of Real Raggin Wednesdays too. I'd do it too but fear I rag almost every day!

Staci said...

lol.....i love it, you rock scargosun!!!!

maile said...

i totally agree! it's hard to watch the degradation, and watch her talk about all that stuff as if it's all a fact. And anyone who doesn't believe in it, is closed minded. very sad. and also a little scary.

Jaci said...

Oprah has gone downhill quickly. Do you think she believed in this stuff all along? Or does she just dabble in different religions like Madonna? I love your idea for Raggin Wed's--and I love that you're ending it by letting go of all the anger and giving it to God! Very nice. :)

Staci said...

malie,

thats what irritates me, if shes all about people having open minds then why doesnt she try a lil harder to look into other "religions" or study the bible.....but we all have our own oppinions and im trying to love her for who she is....its just hard, because of what I myself believe, ya know??? I believe that there will be MANY false prophits whose soul purpose will be to lead us away from the teachings of Jesus....anyway... im rambling

Eileen said...

You're too funny, my dear! Raggin' Wed? And Oprah? My goodness. But you're totally right on the money with her, imho. She's said there's more than one way to Heaven. Uh. Not.

So Raggin' on Wed? Life's too good today, so I can't think of a rag. Isn't that grand? Thank you, Jesus.
Mama Key

Hipmomofboyz said...

That is way too funny, I use to LOVE Oprah but she has kinda fallen off the deep end. I am so sick of her mighty then thou attitude. What is she doing? All she does is preach on every and anything and we all suppose to follow her. What ever.!!! Now I just watch Access Hollywood so I can get my daily star fix.

Hipmomofboyz said...

o.k. I just had to tell you that I added you to my favs list and added your cute little blog button. I am officially your new blog stalker....LOL
I just love your blog.

Caroline said...

"What happened to the Oprah who in the past would have said, "REALLY??" instead of "hmmm interesting" " Don't you know? - she was a talk show host in her past life. I am really sad and a tad scared for Oprah and all the people who have jumped on her "religious bandwagon". I hope that one day she can say..."I one was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see!"

Staci said...

Oh caroline I laughed out loud when i read that!!! Too funny!!! I hope so too!! and mamma im glad you had an awesome wed. I LOVE you and miss you sooooo!!

Romi said...

My sister has been telling me for years that Oprah is the devil...I wouldn't go that far but I haven't watched her in a very long time. I think she has run out of normal things to talk about on her show and has turned to the paranormal and the Ripley's Believe it or Not philosophy. Love your rant.

Missy said...

OH NO! I totally missed Raggin' Wed! But glad I can catch up on your's!
I haven't seen Oprah in so long that I had no idea her show had changed that much. I AM secretly afraid that Obama is going to select her as his running mate! (: