Saturday, June 21, 2008

Reunion Schmunion


So I had my 10 year High School reunion this past Saturday *Gasp*



I know spare me the "oh your soo old" or "hahahaha your sooo funny, young one"



Either way it happened and let me just say out loud what a bunch of L-A-M-E classmates you all are!!!


Heres the deal.....number one, my BFF Amy (im very disappointed in you Missy!!) decided not to go, and so that sucked a bit, but at least Alissa was a good to me and went with....


Now these 10 years went by super duper fast....and it kinda feels like it hasnt been that long since i have seen yall.....AND i have kept in touch with those i really wanted to keep in touch with, but i admit i was a tad curious to see what some of yall were up too......AND i freakin went after driving from Florida straight through from 9pm at night the night before till 9am reunion morning and showed up with a smile after only 3 hours of sleep, so i kinda expected to see at least a LIL enthusiasm from you guys......not soo much


So heres the story for all of you bloggers who werent there.....we drive out to Boerne, a lil town outside of san antonio, which is the most beautiful lil town ever!!! This happens to be where i graduated from. Anyway every fathers day weekend they hold a festival called the Berges Fest. Back in my glory days it was much cooler, they used to have the coolest artists come play (Robert Earl, David Alan Coe yada yada) now its not as fun, but you cant pass up the Roasted Corn, sausage on a stick, tacos, and best of all FUNNEL CAKES.....Heres proof:



Roasted Corn rules, especially with lemon pepper!!!




Jay and his tacos!!!!

And this is for you Steph, yes steph and i share a love for funnel cakes.......there is no passin one up, and I am not ashamed to admit i can finish one off on my own thank you very much. I had to take several poses....it was a must......mainly cause i wanted steph to get the full effect....all angles, so she would be super jealous she wasnt me.
You like that????

Anyway, the food alone was worth the lameness of this reunion. Basically a few mins after this pic my good friend lissy showed up.....here we are....arent we cute??? Im sure your asking yourself, what in the H-E-Double Hockey sticks is stac doing wearing a sweater in these weather conditions......



I know im retarded, i was rather hot, which im sure is easy to figure out with the shininess of my forehead.....And i am terribly sorry if you have been blinded by the light reflecting off of it....but remember i had JUST returned from Florida....i had nothing to wear since i had not done any laundry yet!!!


Anyway, she shows and we literally walk around for an hour finding NOONE from our class, when people do show up they are TERRIBLY unfriendly (there were a SELECT few that were friendly)......granted the majority of the people were not people we hung out with, our friends are even lamer apparently cause they were "too cool" to come....but geez when someone walks up to you and says HEEEEEY i remember yooou at least look like your a TAD happy to see me. Dont make it so obvious that you cant stand my guts!!! And really, i mean were adults now, if you didnt like me then for whatever ridiculous reason, GET OVER IT.....we arent kids anymore....MOVE ON!!!! lol

There were some that i was super happy to see, and there were also a few that i didnt talk to at all in HS but we introduced our selves and got to know one another.....anyway, I was really disappointed for the most part with the way people acted..........and sorry that i wasted my time to be honest.





Anyway, here are some pics from the "EVENT"



Liss Rustin and I, Rusty was not in our class he grad the year before us, but he still came to hang!!!

I love Rustys face here!!!

And just for kicks heres me in HS:

Yes thats me with blonde hair......and that is my dear friend Holly who passed away in 99' , If she'd been there it would have been a blast, she always made everything soo much fun!!! The best part of the night was that I got to see her parents!!!

Anyway, I guess this is all just part of growing up huh??

17 comments:

Jill said...

My 10 year is next year.... and I can't believe it! I hope people are nicer to me than they were to you, though. I have a theory that, when you're around people from your past, you tend to revert back to the way you were when you knew them......... which is probably why they were so lame. I LOVE funnel cakes, too. I can never eat one without getting the powdered sugar ALL OVER me, though. It's crazy

StacyRenee said...

I so wanted to go to mine but we were in Germany that year. I have a feeling it would probably have been alot like yours though. Why can't people leave high school drama on the playground and grow up? OH and I'm right there with you on those FUNNEL CAKES and the corns pretty good too :)

Mar said...

Sounds like fun! I decided not to go to mine since they decided to make it into a 90's reunion. I guess they were hoping for a better turnout but I didn't feel like hanging out with a bunch of strangers all night. I wished it had been just my gradutating class, then I may have debated going.

Looks like you had fun and you my dear are gorgeous!

Mar said...

oh, and i've never had a funnel cake!

Hairline Fracture said...

I'm sorry your reunion wasn't more fun. It's a shame when people act like they are still in high school. I went to a tiny private school and there aren't enough of us to get together--and I'm glad, because I really don't want to go back to h.s.!

Chris Rasco said...

I think mine is next month and I've decided not to go. It's not that I don't want to see those people... okay, maybe it is a little bit that. The harsh reality is that I kept in touch with most of the people I care to talk to. I don't need to relive high school politics and relationships. I've grown up and moved on from that kind of stuff thank you very much.

Allmykids123 said...

Ok, that's too weird that we live so close! I'm in Fair Oaks Ranch and a bunch of my friends graduated from BHS in the 80's and their kids are recent grads of BHS. (Yes, we are quite a bit older than you). I graduated from Clark. My daughter is 14 and is at BMSS. Is your bro at BMSN? I am constantly amazed at how dang small this world is. I was at Bergesfest and swear that I sat at that exact same table you did. I too, ate the corn until it was coming out my ears! We love, love, love, BOERNE! Did you drive by the old high school and the new one?

Allmykids123 said...

P.S. Do you know the Wilson's?

ugagirl30 said...

Well, at least you got an invitation to your 10 year. The morons planning our reunion decided to only invite a few of our classmates, so only like six people showed up. Not me! Nope, I knew nothing about it.

Jessica said...

my 5yr is this saturday! lol i just i have fun and none of the problems i had in hs arise. :) pictures are always fun to remince about.

KimmyJ said...

Honey, I'm coming up on my 25th - so do I feel old! Sorry some people were lame - but I'm sure the ones that were worth it were happy to see your bright, shining face. I said shining, not shiny. :)

Staci said...

Okay so Jill, i agree people do revert sometimes to their old childish ways, the weird thing is that i never had ANY probs in highschool with anyone....i was one of those who always tried to be nice to everyone.....truth be told, i could care less...i just thought i would make it known how rude some people can be just incase they come across this ever.... And Stacy, I dont know why people cant leave well enough alone, its stupid....

Thanks mar your sweet!! And I cant believe you have never had a funnel cake, UNBELIEVEABLE, you need to run out to the local county fair IMMEDIATELY and fix that!!!

And ALL MY KIDS, I knew some wilsons in HS but i dont know if you are talkin about the same ones.....

Staci said...

LOL good one Kimmy J

THE Stephanie said...

Ooooo.... you're makin' me mad!! You had funnel cake without me??

The Epps Family said...

You haven't changed a bit since HS! HA! Some places call it "flannel cake," but here in the DEEP SOUTH, it's FUNNEL CAKE!!

Heather said...

My 10 year was like...almost ten years ago. UGH!! I don't feel that old. I didn't go. I was one of those lamo people that has waaaaaaay too much baggage from high school.

Party of 5 said...

I love funnal cakes. Mostly the reason I even attempt to deal at fairs and the like. :-)

Well seeing as how we went to school in an overseas DODDS school - having a reunion is hard to do. They had an all years one in Vegas a few years ago but from what I hear no one I knew would of been there. LOL