Sunday, July 6, 2008

God's Voice In Tiny Creatures........

As I sat and pondered the last year of my life I realized that I went through a major transformation. What I have become, or rather who i have become was nothing like I was........


I have grown considerably in every area of my life. And when I think about the amount of time it took to get to where I am physically, mentally, spiritually, I am astonished.



I became to understand that if I just invest the time, in not only myself, but in my God I could accomplish and overcome many things. All day long these verses kept lingering in my mind......




Psalm 139: 13-18




13 You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.


14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,


16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!


18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.




Just to know that before my birth, ALL the days of my life were written before they came to be....it makes me feel soo comforted.....so loved.




This past year, although the result being my faith, my marriage and my mother hood standing on a solid foundation, has not been with out pain and heart ache. And God revealed to me something beautiful this past weekend. Although simple, it drives the point straight home.




I happened to be sitting out on the porch of a dear friends family home this past weekend, and the sun had juuust started to set. Over to the left my friend began to point out that it was about time for the humming birds to feed.




Apparently, these birds have their feeding schedule down....I'm totally good with that.....i like schedules, and if i lived here, in this peaceful place, i would spend every morning and evening time right where I was.....watching those beautiful delicate creatures fight for food.




The family hosts three feeders, and each feeder was FULL of lil tiny feet. Although tiny and fragile, these birds are FULL of FIRE!! I mean to tell you, if there wasn't room for one to feed, it would fly waaaay up and spiral straight at the feeder without fear, hoping to scare the bejesus out of their target (one of the other lil guys)




I began to compare myself to these precious creatures....I thought "Man isn't that like me over the past year.....fighting anything and everything that has kept me from my target......the fruit of my survival......"


You see, Jesus, for me. is my only way to survive. Spending time with Him, allowing Him to feed me and fill me with his love, it is the very fruit of my soul. It spins every other aspect of my life into motion, and I have become that humming bird, marking my target and spiraling toward it without fear.....


Naturally, like the birds, to reach their goal may be painful.....at least it looked that way to me as i watched them spiral into one another. And for me, this conversion has been just that.....


I am drawn to the story of Abraham and his son Issac. Abraham and his wife Sarah had prayed for years for a child, and finally at a rather unlikely age, God blessed them with a beautiful son that God would one day ask to be made a sacrifice.


What would you do?? I don't think your answer would be any different from mine......RUUUUUNNNN!!!! Right?? But Abraham doesn't......he faithfully takes this precious gift to the top of mountain, allll the while on the way up his lil Issac repeatedly asks "father where is the animal in which we are going to sacrifice?" OMG couldn't you just die......


But Abraham only answers "God will provide"


What faith/trust this father had in our Lord......he continues in the process all the way up until the very last second before he has to kill his only child with his beloved and then the Lord intercedes......WOW.....


I am drawn to this because I was REALLY struggling with a particular sacrifice that the Lord asked me to offer up. I am here to tell you I went kicking and screaming.....I didn't understand, and at times still struggle immensely. But I obeyed.


After I had carried my sacrifice up this mountain of sadness, hurt, depression.......I left it at his feet and walked away......struggling to hold my head high......God brought this story to my attention again.....


I can't begin to know what it was like to have God intercede and return his precious gift. But I imagine it only strengthened his already solid relationship with his eternal Father. But I can relate to the pain he must have felt......sheesh I can barely type the story without feeling emotional.....


Listen up people, God never said walking the straight and narrow path would be without pain......if you can find a verse that proves other wise let me know. Some of Gods most influential disciples have had to endure pain beyond what I could ever imagine.......but isn't it amazing how God Always uses those situations to give us hope?? And hope is what inspires us.......

So over the past year I have grown, and I feel security like I have never felt. I am incredibly happy. God is revealing just a bit of his purpose for me everyday. It feels great to just be the me that he created and receive his blessings of love and to hear his sweet voice in places soo unexpected as i did in these tiny birds.

6 comments:

Jill said...

you really inspire me.

Thank you.

Staci said...

your too sweet jill!!

KimmyJ said...

Our God is an awesome God!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

That's really special... it's so cool how God uses His creation to reveal Himself to us. My dad also had something revealed to him by hummingbirds...

Romi said...

Thanks for not being afraid to say it like it is. You are inspiring.

Angelique said...

I have to say your post definitely convicted me! As much as I like to say I trust Him 100% with everything there are times I would have to doubt, unlike Abraham. It's hard to push through those doubts and just give it up to Him. Good is good.