Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Im A Slacker......

Yes, I have no shame in admitting it either.....but i will say i am NO slacker outside of the blogosphere. I work my arse off makin blogger buddies blogs "blogalicious", I take care of two kids under the age of 7, a dog who barks relentlessly, a husband whom although i LOVE truly madly deeply STILL cannot pick up after himself, AND a home that I can NEVER quite keep clean. SO i am super far behind BUT better late than never RIGHT.



First order of business is my AWARDS!!! I know you can not see me but i am all giddy and giggly!!



My first award came from Katy Lin which i received several weeks ago and still have not come down from the high of being recognized. She is a SUPER sweet blogger buddy, who got me into the whole "My Hubby Rocks" thing, which I am VERY thankful for...it gives me the opportunity to honor him and serve him by showing the land of blog how great and wonderful of a man he is. As simple as this is, it has blessed me and my husband in ways i cannot explain....and you simply MUST join in the blessing!! Even though I have already claimed this award and reproduced it to other fine bloggers, i wanted to mention her because i am blessed by her blog on a regular basis!!



My second award, and one i have not claimed and reproduced came from Hot Tub Lizzy, whom i just cannot get enough of. She makes me roll...and she leaves FABULOUS comments on a regular basis, which i admit i am absolutely HORRIBLE at.....just because i don't leave comments all the time does NOT mean i don't read yalls blogs....I DO. Here it is:


There were no rules posted but I think it goes something like this:

1. Post your award in a blog and on your sidebar as a widget.

2. Pass the award onto at least 5 other bloggers that you admire or respect that are Edgy, Bold, Modern, Unique , Humorous or all of the above, with links to their sites and to the site of the awarder :).

3. Make sure to describe why it is you admire these particular bloggers.

And so with out further ado the bloggers in which I admire or respect that are Edgy, Bold, Modern, Unique , Humorous or all of the above are:

  • Patrick- blog entitled "KOG media" or "Kingdom of God Media" this dude amazes me, and will have a special place in heaven im sure of it. What he does is he takes media ie movies, music, tv, etc etc and finds God in them, and writes about it on his site. I LOVE this idea, and secretly wish I had come up with it (well NOW its not a secret). Often times I find myself doing the same....even when I go see a movie with NO expectations of seeing the Lord work i most certainly can almost always find him doing just that. Thank you Patrick for doing what God created you to do. It has blessed me. You should absolutely go check it out.

  • The Internet Cafe- Now I dont know who created this website, because there are several contributors and its not like i expect for them to come accept this award and pass it on unless they really want to....but my point for choosing them is because i do consider them to be BOLD. Anyone who speaks truth the way these ladies do, or sees Christ in simple daily activities as they do, or inspires people as they do, deserves to be honored. I spend almost EVERY morning reading their inspirational stories/devotionals to the Lord. They have truly been a vessel for the Lord in my life, speaking Godly truths to my soul. Bless you women who have done what the Lord has asked of you. Bless you for being "the Church" I would not have gotten through a few days over the last few months without your wisdom. You most definitely should check them out as well.

  • Christie At "Pretty Paper Blog"- Okay so, I know ive plugged my business once in this post but im gonna do it again because i believe that making blogs "blogalicious" is a form of digital scrapbooking, if you will. I have indeed been a huge fan of scrappin, but DUDE it takes sooo much time, and as you can see, I HAVE NONE. So this business has allowed me to be creative in the same way, only online.....and speaking of creative HOLY SCHNIKES....this woman blows the DOORS off creativity....well, if creativity had doors she would blow them off. I am simply AMAZED at what she can do. And if i had time, i would do all the creative stuff she has blogged about. I know that one day when my kids are BOTH in school I can refer back to her blog and be as cool or at least ALMOST as cool as her.....if you are into scrappin or just being creative with paper and or pictures, hell even Chinese food take out boxes...your gonna wanna check this chick out yo!!!

  • Brit at "The Perks Of Being Me"- First of all THIS is my fav design/client so far, and i don't say that to make any of our other clients feel bad, I loved working with you ALL. She was not only great to work with, but challenged me to make her site "HER" and that is why I love Brit AND her blog.....She is incredibly honest about her feelings and doesn't hold back just because of how it might make someone feel. Ironically, she came into my life around the time I was learning that God loves me JUST the way I am and I shouldn't worry about how the world sees me or my flaws, or as God sees it my "perfect mess". If she has a question, she asks....if she feels hurt or disappointed, she lets you know. And to be honest, that is the best way to be. Its called "authenticity" She is authentic, and it shows. She is genuine, and it is a blessing to see. If only everyone could be like her.


  • Christiana at "The Esselman Family" first of all, she has the most adorable children and they make a beautiful family, and I love to go to her site to check out the pictures that she takes.....she is an amazing photographer and it inspires me to be more creative with the shots I take of my children. She makes everything look so simple and yet so ALIVE. I LOVE the shots of the newly engaged or soon to be married couple by the old car....and the bridge. You def want to check her out.

Now to my next award that was givin to me by Ugagirl30 whom I am thrilled to hear is lovin my superman story. I never expected that it would have such a following....I was even told by a GUY I know personally, the other day how much he enjoyed reading our story....wow! And I love how she said I am helping her learn to forgive.....you have NO idea how much that means.....at some point in my life i needed that too....and it gives me GREAT joy to know that I can help people with my experience. Check out her blogs about her "crazy and happy life" Here is the award, the rules and my choices:

There are some rules that go along with this:

1. Put the logo on your blog.

2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.

3. Nominate at least 3 other blogs.

4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.

5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

  • Rey at REYLO- I have known this man for a while now, he is a wonderful friend and an amazing example of someone who "walks with the Lord" He truly sees Jesus as his homie and has wonderful insights. He is a friend of mine who has given great advice over the years, and has prayed fervently for me and my family. I am thankful for he and his wife's friendship, without that I may not be where i am today spiritually. Thank you Rey and Jenn for your continued support. check em out!!

  • Melody at "The Hip Mommas Journal" Her blog and photography speaks for itself, if you live in the area, you will DEF want to use her to take pics of your children. I already talked with her about doing pics for me.....i am speechless right now cause i just clicked on her page for the link address and saw what she posted yesterday......there aren't words to describe how wonderful she is with a camera. CHECK IT OUT, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

and last but DEFINITELY not least

  • Danielle over at "Captian Pork Chops"- Their aren't many people in the world besides one of my best friends that can make me laugh like this chick. I NEVER read her blog if I am eating and or drinking anything, because 90% of the time what she writes is ridiculously hilarious. I love the story about being in the bathroom when someone comes to the door......i almost peed my pants....girl....you should join the cast of SNL fo sho!!! If you need an upper in the form of a blog, THIS is the place!!!

Sorry ladies for being a slacker......but thank you for the awards, it honestly makes my day.

Love to all!!!

16 comments:

patrick said...

thx much for the kind words, Staci

your custom blog designs look great as well, in case you were wondering, they have a drawing-in effect, which is probably what you're shooting for, right?

God bless

Katy Lin :) said...

you are way too sweet! thank you so much for being my blog friend and for participating in MHR fridays! it's so fun to hear about all of the other couples who are participating! i know we're reaping the benefits in our relationship as well!

HipMomma said...

Aw, your so sweet! Thanks for the confidence booster and the sweet award.

Christie said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful things you said about my scrapbooking & my blog! You are super sweet! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Perksofbeingme said...

AWW. Can I just say that on top of today being an emotional day anyways, this just caused me to cry. Thanks for the sweet words. I often feel like I'm being annoying or bothersome so it's nice to know that someone appreciates my honesty. You're awesome. Love you

Christina said...

AWW! Thank you! How sweet! I'm SO excited! You don't even know. I think I need to potty. HAHA!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

lori said...

Oh my WORD!!! I am one of the owners of the Cafe and you likely have NO idea how much what you wrote MADE OUR DAY!! We work our "arses" off to reach Christian women regardless of denominational walls to see Christ in everyday details!!

The women who write for us are each on a personal journey of their own...your words bless not only me..but I'm passing on your link to all of our ladies...
Thank you so much, and I can only PRAY we continue to be a blessing!!

Peace!!
lori

Natalie @ I AM (not) said...

Thanks for the love at the Internet Cafe! You can thank Lori and Amy for all their hard work! I'm glad you are blessed, encouraged and challenged.

Julie said...

As one of the devo writers at the Cafe' I thank you.

I am honored that Papa God allows me to write the treasures He has buried in my heart for that blog.
I am deeply moved that it could be that something He writes through me, could bless you.

Thank you for acknowledging the Cafe'.

It blesses me.

Julie
www.jewelsightings.blogspot.com

Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for the sweet comments about IC. They are much appreciated.

You have a lovely site!

Christine said...

Hi Staci! Thanks for your comment at the cafe. I love the post you linked to and I really like your writing style (so real, haha).

Thanks for the cafe award too! We all appreciate it!!

Rey Lo said...

Words to express can't come close to doing what I fell justice. I'll just say, "thanks" for your continued friendship.

peace. love. blessings.

Danielle said...

Thanks for the bling!! I love sparkly stuff!!!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Thank you for your kind words about the Internet Cafe. Bold (in Christ) is a compliment.

Praise be to God for what He is doing through the internet.

Please pray for the cafe, the writers, and most of all for the readers who stop by. Our prayer is that God is always honored so that readers may be encouraged in Christ.

Perksofbeingme said...

Thank you for saying that you're proud of me. I really needed to hear that today. You are wonderful. Love you

Kristen Schiffman said...

I write for The Internet Cafe and Lori passed along your link to those of us who contribute. I'm having so much fun catching up on your blog!

Your family is beautiful.

Awesome blog. I will be back!!

And I am so glad Lori and Amy could be recognized for all their hard work.