Friday, July 25, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday......


So when I saw the previews to "Dark Knight" I was immediately drawn to it. I LOVED Batman returns...I think Christian Bale fits the part wonderfully, and when i heard about the new one I told Jason, WE ARE SOOO THERE!!!



Well, its been about a week now and i still have yet to see it. I have been sad that we cant make the time for it because i truly want to see it, and for those of y'all who know me...i don't DO movies......at least not until they come out on video......so it was clear THIS was something i was REALLY looking forward to.



The other night I was workin on some blogalicious business when i happened upon a site that had an advertisement for the movie in the corner of the site. Jason was sitting close enough to notice it and I saw a look on his face that led me to believe he needed to get something off his chest.



"honey, what is it?" I said



"I have a confession to make" he said with a huge smile on his face



This is where my mind went to bad things......he's done something horrible, i thought. What to say what to say.....

"On Sat, when the computers were down at work....I went to see the movie" he said

"what movie" I asked, already knowing the answer

"Batman" he said

Immediately he began to get emotional......and terribly apologetic.

"HOOOOONEEEEEYYYYY, I'm disappointed but I'm not THAT mad" I said as i leaned in towards him to give him a big squeeze.

" I know," he said "But I know how MUCH you wanted to see it with me, and it was wrong of me to go without you"

At that moment I fell deeper in love with him .......

It feels incredible to know that my husband TRULY puts my feelings before his own. That he would acknowledge that he had done something hurtful....no matter how small and apologize means the world. It shows me how very much he loves me and how important my happiness is to him.

Jason, I love you more than you know....I am soo thankful for your friendship and the respect you show me. I do not deserve a love like yours. I am blessed for having you in my life.

13 comments:

Christina said...

Aww, gotta love honesty! I hope you get to see the movie soon.

Jill said...

How sweet that he got so emotional about it. I literally just walked in the door from seeing it..... it is AMAZING

christie said...

What a guy!
You've got yourself a good one!

Amy said...

That was sweet and really nice of him to confess! We haven't seen it yet either but have heard it is "dark". Have a great weekend!

Katharyn said...

He acknowledge that it was wrong, that's just fabulous. How lucky!

For our honeymoon we went to San Fransisco, driving there in a day and a half (from Seattle). When we got into the city we were in the mix of really hipper but too exhausted to do anything from driving so long. That is how we saw Batman Begins, the first night of our official Honeymoon. :-)

Katy Lin :) said...

what a sweet, sweet guy! and the pic is great, too :) hope you guys had a great weekend!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Awwww that's so sweet.

I kept Mr. B from seeing it Friday night... he seemed to be okay with it.

Allmykids123 said...

He's a keeper! Now, get your bootie to the movies...!!

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

Your husband rocks!! Just came across your site and my first reaction was to your amazing headers, so if you did that yourself...you rock as well.:) First time visitor, but not last time.:)

Hipmomofboyz said...

How sweet that he loved it. What a great hubby.

Jennifer Poppy said...

What a blessing to have such an honest hubby. Kudos to you, too, for your merciful response:)

marye said...

that is awesome! Not many men would see the problem, let alone admit that they had done it. LOL!

Cookie said...

wow! He's so sweet!