Friday, July 11, 2008

My Husband Rocks Fridays.....








My husband is and always has been the most humble man I know, you will never hear him brag about himself, or any of his accomplishments (unless of course its about this lil family he has created) he has always kept quite about the things that matter most to the majority of society....ie money, material possessions etc etc...... I have always admired that about him and wished I could walk in such humility as he......


Yesterday Jason received some "not so good news" where his job is concerned. I wont go into detail but it has affected him significantly. He kept to himself most of the day (he had yesterday off) and seemed sorta standoffish. Because of my many insecurities I of course thought I had done something wrong.....I questioned and questioned (i would have wanted to punch me) and he just remained calm. Later at dinner, when the kids were done and he could address me without having to upset the kids in the process, he began to tell me the situation......


I watched as his beautiful happy eyes began to well up with water as he said these words:


"All I want to do is be able to take care of you and the kids"


It took all i had with in me to not bust in to tears, but I just remained strong for his sake and reminded him that "the Lord has our back yo"


My husband rocks because he doesn't care about all the material things that we could afford with this type of position, but because of what it will do for the security of our children's future and mine......he is truly selfless......


I love you ninanit!!!!

15 comments:

THE Stephanie said...

Today's verse from Joel Osteen: "What is impossible with men is possible with God" (Luke 18:27)... seemed oppropriate.

Love you guys and you're in my prayers.

Katy Lin :) said...

what a sweet man! i'll keep y'all in my prayers.

love the new pics - such a beautiful family!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

He does rock... I will be praying for your family.

Jill said...

My husband is going through some job troubles as well, so I understand the anxiety that it causes. Although, I don't have children, so it's probably not to the magnitude that you feel it. I love reading how your husband rocks every week. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Also, I bug the crap out of my husband when I can tell something is wrong (or even when I think something might be) so I get that part, too.

Hipmomofboyz said...

What a great post. Your hubby sounds like a great guy.

Hipmomofboyz said...

I hope everything works out for you and your hubby. I will pray for you....

Perksofbeingme said...

He rocks. You're in my thoughts. Beautiful picture by the way. love you.

Heather said...

Oh, I'm so sorry he's going through a hard time right now. I hope things get better soon.

Staci said...

thank you guys for your support and prayers....yall rock too!!! :)

Lishak said...

You have one sweet and sensitive hubby! I love your family pics on your blog too!

Baird's Blessings said...

He has always been a great catch for you! Know that God has a plan and he will get you through these tough times. Blessings!

Angelique said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. My husband is a home builder and business has been so slow over the last year. It's been really rough on him because he's such a "guy" and wants to be able to support us. But it has really strengthened his faith seeing how God has provided and says He will continue provide. Tom has definitely been humbled. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

KimmyJ said...

Y'all make a prefect couple because you are a sweetie too! I will pray for God's will to be done for your precious family.

HeathahLee said...

We have been there, too. The Lord has wired our husbands to be the protector and provider and when they feel those things threatened it can be very scary for them. Try to keep your fears on an even keel (speaking from experience of not doing that!) and it will help him through this time. You are right, though! God does have your back! And front, and sides, etc, etc...:)

Christina said...

What a good guy! I'll be praying for your beautiful family.