Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wall-e

Okay, now I am as big a Disney movie fan as they come.......but this movie has outdone them all!!! I say this in MY opinion of course. But you simply MUST see this movie.

Picture Logan Landon and then Me with snot running outta my nose and tears trailing my cheeks.....yeah, embarrassing........

It was the most beautiful story line I had ever seen, and yet there was practically NO dialogue for the first half of the movie....I have a two year old people......if he could sit through it ANYONE CAN!!! I mean to tell you he was glued. And I KNOW he understood what was going on because he kept reaching over to love on me. Every now and again i would feel his lil hand come and grab mine, or i would feel him begin to rub my back.....isn't that the sweetest thing you ever heard? Seriously....that didn't help my blubbering. :)

First of all Wall-e was the cutest darn thing this side of the Pecos. It totally took me back to the days when Short Circuit was popular......One of my Bee Fris Amy totally mentioned that before I went in, and she was right, he sort of looked and even slightly acted like Number 5, but most importantly grabs your heart in the same way.......

Then there was Eve or as Wall-e calls her EVE-A, she was rad!!! She totally kicked butt!!! And has a soft side as well.


Like I said there was hardly any dialogue but it didn't matter at all because you understood the emotion without it.

Finally when humans come into the picture, they do an amazing job at making you realize how beautiful our world is and how important it is to take care of it. And how we ought to not just survive but LIVE!!!

Finally I would like to note that there is a ROACH in this movie.......if I can get past this my friends and STILL enjoy it.......well then you know it is a movie worth watching.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Now I NEED to see it!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

It's not my all time favorite but I did enjoy it. It amazed me how much personality they could put into Eve... with JUST her eyes...

KimmyJ said...

We loved it too, made me feel the need to exercise and eat right, all the deconditioned folks, was kinda sad, huh?

Heather said...

People seem to either really like it or really hate it. We haven't gone to see it yet, but we might. There are a few kids movies that I want to take the girls to.

Audrey said...

Not having little kids anymore I tend to skip the kid movies, but I'm a Disney lover. I'm going to have to see this.

Haasiegirl said...

yeah, i would love if you glanced at the code if you have time!

trisha
www.momdot.com

just email me

trisha@bambinaballerina.com

Christina said...

Man!! We've been wanting to see it, just haven't had time. Maybe we can go this weekend. Thanks for the review.

patrick said...

Wall-E totally looks like the robot from "Short Circuit"... minus the cheesy 80's style of course