Wednesday, August 27, 2008

there are no words

Maybe I shouldn't write about this, but I just cannot help myself.

And please if you have not heard the story of Dylan and Shasta Groene, don't look for it. It is a story that has thrown me into a state of shock and disbelief that anyone could be so sick......such a monster. I have grieved over this story like I cannot explain. Most mothers will understand....but God has given me a sensitive spirit, and because of this story I have lost sleep. I have prayed on countless nights that when all is quiet he would not allow this story to float into my thoughts any longer....it is too painful. And the saddest thing is, its not even MY child, its not even a child i know. I simply cannot even IMAGINE the grief that this father has endured over the loss of his two sons, and the mental/physical damage of his young daughter.

I am.....well I'm really not even sure how to describe what i am feeling but i guess i will go with satisfied, I am satisfied that the jury chose to execute this demon.

Maybe this makes me slightly sick myself....... that I could be sooo FOR his death. But I don't really care. There is nothing in the universe that would give me more peace than to see this man go straight down to the depths of H-E- double hockey sticks, where he most assuredly belongs and deserves to ROT!!

The sickest thing about this whole situation is that his past is littered with arrests and prison time for crimes ranging from car theft to rape and molestation. He is suspected in the 1996 slayings of two half-sisters from Seattle and is charged with the 1997 killing of a young boy in Riverside County, California....and he was free WHY??

What the HELL is wrong with our system. If you even so much as lay your pinkie finger on a child inappropriately you should be in prison for life!!

This is by far the most disturbing story I have ever come across, and i have NO shame saying he has gotten what he deserves!!

5 comments:

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

We were living in San Diego when a little girl was taken from her home. I won't go into the details, but they only lived about 2 miles from us. Ever since then my heart has ached for her mother and her family, and her, but it has profoundly affected me. I try to give my fear of my girls being abducted over to God but.. boy I want to hold on tight. We live on a third floor apartment just for my peace of mind...

Big hugs sweetie... I know how it feels to have these stories touch you....

bethany said...

I don't know this story but as you said I am so NOT going to look for it because I can only imagine how horrible it must be.....I too have been given a sensitive spirit...I can't handle it when terrible things are done to innocent children. I am with you (and somewhat disturbed by my feelings) in agreement that some people do derserve the death penalty for their very heinous actions!

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm not going to Google it because I just can't handle that right now, but I think I know the case from earlier.

It is hard to believe we can live with such monsters and I find myself not watching the news or reading the paper because it is just so hard to handle there is people like this in the world.

christie said...

I haven't heard this story. I am taking your advice and not looking into it. Goodness, whatever happened it has really affected you. I hope that you are able to sleep peacefully soon.

Blarney said...

My daughter and I had a close call yesterday at the mall. I couldn't sleep last night ... rehashing the whole thing all night. Better today but still grouchy about the whole thing.