Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Enter Worship

This past week I had the pleasure of attending the "Enter Worship" Conference at New Life in Colorado Springs CO from Wednesday through Sunday. The worship was amazing, and the speakers had a lot of good advice for worship leaders. I do sing at our church home, however I attended specifically to check out their dance ministry. I was a little disappointed when i realized they didn't incorporate that into this years experience, and at one point, I must admit, i started feeling very sorry for myself. That's easy for me when I'm out of my comfort zone....i missed my husband, i missed my boys, i missed my bed :) AND i felt like I wasn't getting what i wanted out of the conference......and then all of the sudden Scott (our worship Pastor) came to me and said :



"Hey there is a girl back there dancing, shes been dancing the entire worship set."



I turned to see this young woman worshiping God with her whole body. It was as if God was saying, "I'm here child, I'm here" "I haven't forgotten". I took a deep breath because it was then that I realized there was a purpose for me being there, even if i felt outta place. I decided to go find out if the Visual Arts Director was planning on being at the conference that week, and the answer was no. However, i jotted down her email address and sent her a message letting her know i was there and interested in talkin with her. The next day i got a phone call from her and she was able to meet me up at the campus and spend some time with me. She gave me some great advice and will be sending me some resources. I am always amazed at how God will make things happen, even when we don't think it will. She is a very busy woman, but out of her love for God took the time to meet with someone she didn't even know. That's service.




I tell ya, It is the most amazing thing to stand in a room with thousands of other worship leaders....the times when the band would stop singing and allow the people in the room to raise their voices to God, it gave me chills.....God's presence was felt so enormously that i wept several times. I am truly thankful for this experience.



After the conference was over we were able to play a bit. Talk about experiencing God....we drove up to pikes peak.....the views were AMAZING. I have never seen anything like it. Here are a few pictures that will blow your mind....and yes, i took them....even the lowliest of picture takers was able to capture the beauty of Gods creation.


This next one is of pikes peak, we were already on our way down, and the gold you see dispersed throughout the mountains is not flowers its trees changing color for the fall.....just beautiful.


Here is an example of some of those trees.


Yes this next picture is real....very real.....how can you not believe in God after seeing this?



Here I am with Britt on the top of pikes peak....it was a tad chilly, and scary...we were RIGHT on the edge of the peak......



Me and Sophia on the way down the mountain.



The other ladies in our van, Britt and Shawn....



Its snowing!!! We all got out of the car and had a HUGE snowball fight, it was super fun. Here i am with soph in the snow!!

I was REEEEALLY excited to get home on Sunday night after a 15 hour drive....and when i did i found a rose on the door and when i walked in a welcome home balloon, a note from my babies and the rest of my dozen roses.....soooo sweet!!







Im very glad i was able to go, but happy to be home with my sweet boys!!!




8 comments:

bethany said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord meets us in so many wonderful ways...and those ways are so very personal for each of us...I am so glad sweet sister that God met you in the way that you NEEDED to be met in that place at this time. He is so good to us and just thinking about it is making me cry right now...(kind of an emotional day!).
Pikes Peak is so glorious!!! I am sooooo longing for fall but it seems like an never-ending summer here in California!

Jennifer Poppy said...

What an awesome experience! Thank you for sharing. Loved the photos, too:)

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

That sounds like an amazing conference...."I can only imagine" how wondeful the time was (humming it in the background..hee hee)

christie said...

Sounds like an amazing trip!
It's always fun to come home too...

Perksofbeingme said...

I'm glad you had that experience. I miss talking to you, but I know I've been bad at keeping in touch. I have a tendency to do that when I get scared. love you.

WheresMyAngels said...

I haven't heard of the dance ministries, I would like to hear more about that. I'll have to Google it.

I love Colorado, you can really feel Gods presences in all that beauty and peacefulness.

Debra said...

Staci,

I was particularly moved by this post! It made me think of David when he danced before the Lord and said "I will become even more undignified than this"...He didn't care what he looked like and who was watching...it was just him and the Lord!

Your pictures were awesome and your love and desire to serve Jesus just shines through this post.

Praising Him for your car! That's awesome. Glad you stopped by...hope to see you soon.

Blessings to you today, sweet one.

sassy stephanie said...

Wow...you walked in and your house was clean? Mine would be a total mess! I love those beautiful pics.