Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thinking Thursday......

And as usual, when i am away for a good while, I have sooo much to talk about its overwhelming and I don't know where to begin.....*sigh*

I guess Ill start with what is on every ones mind these days.....

POLITICS

*BIG sigh*

First of all I HATE politics. Hate, detest, loathe, despise......just plain hate. Mainly because i am a peace maker...I don't like to argue...but i sure CAN if need be. I have this button on the inside of me somewhere, when pushed sends out this angry ugly side of me, so i choose not to discuss meaningless crap like that because it usually ends up bad, baaad i tell ya.

Whats ironic are the words used to describe politic in the dictionary. Words like SHREWD and PRUDENT. In the definition of "shrewd" are the words MALICIOUS and BAD and in the definition of the word "prudent" are the words DISCREET and CIRCUMSPECT......that is hilarious.

Now, i realize there are SOME good politicians out there, politicians that care about the people and our country. But to me, the majority are egotistical, money and power hungry freaks. And its silly to think that ONE MAN can take hold of this country, this FREE country, and turn it into a "better place" I LAUGH when i hear crap like that. It is the VERY laws and constitution and system that has made our country the way it is today. People have their Independence and therefore do what they please, what THEY think is right. We are ludicrous to think that at some point everyone will just agree.....God created us each individually different. THIS WILL NOT CHANGE, no matter what your "slogan" is. "hope" and "change" WHATEV!!!

On to my thoughts on VP candidate Palin....YES i like her, however it is not because i am a woman, it is not because i am an idiot who knows nothing about politics, and its not because I have sympathy for her because she has a handicapped child. In fact that doesn't even matter to me, the fact is HE IS A CHILD, A HUMAN not a monster so that doesn't even factor into my thought process. I'm pretty sure that wasn't a political move on her part......you cant control the blessings God gives you.


I do however like her because she has experience in many facets of life(not without faults but experience none the less) as a mother, a wife, a PTA member :), a mayor and a Governor. She is very well rounded and her moral values are closer to mine than any other candidate VP or presidential.


This however has not decided my vote. And may not even bring me to vote....I just feel the need to say JUST BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN DOES NOT MEAN I'M STUPID. Those who believe this is a political stunt used to draw in uneducated women.....you can take me OUT of that group. I know the facts and I make my decisions based on those.

Now onto something else I've pondered over the last few days. And that is parenting.


Now I'm certainly not going to be getting any MOTHER OF THE YEAR awards, I can tell you that right now. And I'm big and bold enough to admit that I may have been too young to be a parent when i had my oldest. I say that because as he comes up on his seventh birthday, i realize just how much I have learned over the past few years and just how selfish i was in the past. All this emotion is drudged up because i saw a news broadcast that sent me over the edge.


It was about an 11 year old boy who called 911 because his drunk mother was trying to make him breathe into her interlock. An interlock is a device that authorities will put on someones car who has had multiple DUI's so that they cannot drive unless they prove to the interlock they are sober. In lamens terms You blow into the device and if you are sober the car will start, if not YOU OUTTA LUCK SON!!


This genius decided to ask her innocent child to do her dirty work so she could most likely go out and do MORE dirty work.....


Anyway, it was heartbreaking to watch this broadcast because they ACTUALLY released his 911 call the the media (dumb ass child exploiters, sorry I'm saddened that they made his life even more difficult, THIS is why I'm not linking to it) He says things like "she was out all night" "if i hang up real quick its cause she walked in" "i don't want her to know I'm calling"


Then they go on to say she was arrested and he was put into foster care. WHAT?? So his life can be screwed up even more??


They then proceeded to play audio of two similar 911 calls where in BOTH situations the parent was actually DRIVING DRUNK and the kids were out of their minds scared calling 911 from the back seat. WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME PARENTS??


I bawled like a baby. To hear the pain in these children's voice was unbearable, and frankly something with which i relate, a distant memory long forgotten.


I remember what it was like to be scared as a child that a parent was going to do something destructive or damaging to either themselves or myself. Having to parent your parent as a small child is a terrible thing with which i would not wish on anybody. It forces the child to put someones selfish needs before their own which causes them to grow up faster than intended or expected. Don't misunderstand, these issues are dealt with and in the past....but something such as this can almost always throw me into a state of self pity. I have to learn to control those emotions and realize its made me who i am. But it has also caused me to look at some of the decisions i made as a young mother, selfish, disgusting decisions that although never put my child in direct danger, could have left him without a mother. It makes me strive to think before I make a hasty decision, because now....its not about me....its about them. If more parents would think about their children first our world would be a much better place.


THOUGHTS?

Man, i don't think i talked much about whats going on with me personally....AH well...ill do that tomorrow.

Love yall!!!!

7 comments:

Hipmomofboyz said...

I love this post. I agree with you about Palin. She is an awesome woman/person and will have my vote for sure. Obama has way too many ???? that follow him. And anyone that make fun of the bible is never going to get my vote. The story about the little boy rips my heart out, but good for him. It is really sad when a child knows right from wrong, over an adult...

Debra said...

From someone who used to work in law enforcement, I wish there were more people who had such a passion for children that actually bear the title 'children's advocate'.

God bless your tender heart toward them and your own self examination! Your children will be blessed.

Blessings to you today!

bethany said...

Hey girl....nice to see that you are back!
As for politics....I don't know which way to vote. I've not followed either candidate that well so will have to look more into it before November. I am a bit connected with Palin as I am a special ed. teacher to young children so I totally understand what she is going through with her little guy Trig. And I do think that her values are definately Christ centered so probably will vote that direction. But don't know yet...guess I should be praying about it as God knows who is best and He will ultimately choose who He has planned.
As for the 911 story...I heard that one too! Cannot believe what some people will do to their children then what the state will do to further destroy children's lives...I love kids and it breaks my heart when they are wounded by uncaring adults who are supposed to be caring for them!!!! Augggghhhh....Don't get me started!!!

Make sure that you check out my blog...my niece Kensley was born last Thursday and there are pics on the blog! I also had a new nephew, Isaac, born this morning but don't have pics of him yet...soon to come.

bethany said...

Hey Hey Hey...oh, she is so ADORABLE! I am so excited to have a niece... do believe that I am going to go broke now though!
About those John Deere boots...can you believe that we actually tried to put them on her 2 days after she was born! Guess you could say that we were a little eager!!! Could not get a picture as she was not liking them too much but when I do, I'll most definately let you know!
Ps...got a picture up of Isaac that my brother sent this am....oh, I am in baby heaven!

Kristen said...

I found your blog a few days ago and LOVE IT! I could not agree with you more- I'm with you on Palin and was just as brokenhearted over that 911 footage with the little boy.

Honestly, I think it was wrong of the media to play that. And for him to be put in foster care...I could cry right now.

Can't wait to read more! Loving your blog.

Kathryn Lewis said...

Hey! Came to your blog from myspace and just wanted to say I love your blog designs!! You do great work and being a scrapbooker, I love the "homemade" look you have =) I'm not in the market for a blog design but if I am you're the woman! I've become a bit addicted to my blog...

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I needed to hear that today.