Monday, October 6, 2008

Questions Answered

Okay here are a few of the questions asked and answered. I'm really liking this idea so keep the questions coming!!! And thanks to all who have asked thus far, it is really requiring me to think and do something other than my normal routine.....

Lizzy asks:


What's your favorite memory from elementary school, middle school, and high school? (So... like 3 memories total)


Elementary school-This is a really difficult one, for those of you who know me, you know i went to a bujillon different schools, so the majority of the time i was very too myself because i knew id be moving soon....there weren't too many memories made in these fragile years....i do however remember my first crush Aaron Goetz waved at me when he was walking into his class which was next to mine, i bet he regretted the day he did that cause it was all love notes and prank phone calls from that day forward....lol i still enjoy a good prank phone call every now and again.....although now its alot harder to get away with!!



Middle school-good gracious, trying to pick a fav memory from these years is like asking me to pick my fav child....I loved middle school because this was the only school i stayed at for more than a semester....i went to COKE STEVENSON MIDDLE SCHOOL from 6th all the way through 8th and am still in touch with the majority of friends i made during those years.....I don't know if i can pick just one, but i can say that all of my best memories made were when i spent time at Meredith's house....we would sneak out almost every weekend and TP some poor unfortunate souls home, or climb in Cameron's window to give him an ever famous wet willie (finger in ear) AHH good times ;)







High school- I remember meeting one of my best friends, Amy, for the first time, we were in Business Computer Applications (wha??) and we hit it off right away, i asked her if she wanted to join me for lunch and we knew right away we were meant to be when i turned on my radio popped in my "AHA Take on Me " single. She freaked and said "I LOVE THIS SONG, I SOO LOVE THE 80'S" And that began several years of BFF bliss...lol





Sharon asks:


Were you planning on continuing the "Loves of my Life" saga, or was it finished? Because, you know, there was the infamous ellipsis at the end of part 11 (or, in layman's terms, the "dot dot dot" :-)



Why yes i am actually.....it is not finished. After this i promise to post an addition to the story....and i apologize for how long it has taken me......I've been uninspired. Okay okay lazy ;)




WhereMyAngels asks:


Why do you have such odd taste in music ;)


This is a great question which requires a fairly simple, okay maybe a tad complicated answer.....


music inspires me....all kinds.


I find that the most inspirational music is usually very emotional. I guess I have the gift of feeling emotion come from music. I grew up around music, my mother and father both played in several different bands and my dad still does actually. I too sing.....


I have memories of my parents band practicing in our living room at ungodly hours and of my mom blaring the radio with the windows rolled down when we were in the car...its in my blood.


But most importantly it is the way it helps me express my emotion to God....if I can find a song i relate to either through the lyrics or just the emotion behind the notes then my soul dances......and sometimes i do to...which, if you know me is my greatest passion.



KimmyJ asks:

What would you do for a living if you did not have children?



Wow this is a good one, it is really hard for me to say because the past 8 years of my life have been about them. I love being their mom and watching them grow. They have given me soo much joy. Yes there are times where i wanna pull my hair out, and times when i honestly feel depressed and lonely. But it is a sacrifice i choose to better my children. Quite honestly when my lil one gets into school, i havent the foggiest where God will have me or what doors will be open to me...but for now i am happy with my purpose in this moment, and that is to take care of my boys....all three of them ;).



Debra asks:
Expression in worship is difficult for a lot of people. And then for some people, it is an absolute freedom and brings them into the throne room of God. You have mentioned in earlier posts that you want to begin a dance ministry in your church, so I'm taking it that you find yourself in the latter group of people. My question...how can I pray for you?

Oh this is a great one, im glad you asked because ive needed it in relation to this situation.

First of all for me because i have not done much updateing persay (dance has progressed alot since the last time "i" was trained) i need prayer in the way of confidance. I am sometimes an insecure person, although i may not let on that i am. I. AM. And on top of that I am a perfectionist. And I am not even CLOSE to perfection when it comes to dance. I need prayer that I will trust that God will give me the resources and the strength to do what he has called me to do. I dont know much about how this will all work out, but I do know that this is something God wants. To be able to worship him with our whole bodies our whole being......

And because expression in worship is difficult for some, I know that this is going to be something that not everyone is on board with. I have accepted that and know that when God moves not everyone is going to understand it and possibly some who will not like it. I ask that your prayer be that people would not only see with their eyes but that their hearts would be open to this type of worship to God.

6 comments:

KimmyJ said...

So great getting to know you better.

Debra said...

Staci,

I love your sweet heart. Sorry I am just getting back to respond to you. I just recently saw a great quote to a child from their parent and it said this "It's okay to strive for excellence. But leaving striving for perfection to God...that's His business!"

I thought...I love that! I'm going to hide that in my heart. I'm a perfectionist too. So strive for excellence and let the perfecting come from Christ. I will be praying for you as you follow the Lord's leading to begin this new ministry. God bless you, sweet sister!

WheresMyAngels said...

I hope to hear more about the dancing. I thought of you in church the other day, we had a couple that were really moving and doing little dances to the songs.lol

Debra said...

Staci,

I came across this Psalm and I thought about you....may it speak to your heart today!

Psalm 150

"Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!

Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord!!"

Did you see the word...dance? I did!

((hugs)) & blessings to you today!

bethany said...

Hi Staci...
Just wanted to let you know that there is a picture on my blog that you'll like to see (hint: baby and boots!).
Pray that the Lord is blessing you with every spiritual blessing!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I love getting to know you better!

I feel the EXACT same way about music... some people just don't get it.