Monday, January 5, 2009

Life is short......

I had a million things to complain about yesterday all swirlin around in my head and ready to be puked onto this blog until i arrived home.....



When i arrived home from a mini vaca with a girl friend, i plugged in my phone that had died while i was away and noticed one of my be fri's had called several times.....she does'nt normally do this and so i knew something was up.



When i finally got her on the phone she informed me that her ex boy friend had been shot and killed.



I was shocked. I haven't seen nor talked to Rufus in years, but he was a wonderful, funny, full of life guy whom never met a stranger.



He had just graduated from A & M and had his whole life ahead of him and some random person decided he deserved to be killed.



Ive been keeping up with whats been going on and i am glad to know his killer has been caught. Here is an article, for those of you who knew him and would like information.

http://www.theeagle.com/local/Police-search-for-a-motive


It breaks my heart that those who loved him will be forever without. And it makes me realize that i TRULY have NOTHING to whine and complain about.



May you rest in peace Rufio!!!

** Updated news info and info about a memorial for those who want to pay their respects

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/37074594.html

site with memorial info

http://mywebpresence321.com.p2.hostingprod.com/

3 comments:

Rosie and Derek said...

Wow, that's so sad! It's awful that things like that happen. Thank goodness they caught the killer.

It makes you realize how short life is.

Debra said...

Staci,

I'm so sorry for this tragic loss.

((hugs)) to you, my friend.

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so sad. My prayers go out to his family.

Year ago while my sister was in college, a guy she was friends with and dated a few times was stabbed outside a bar. No one even saw it happen or who did it. He was just walking with friends and then fell over dead. My sister was out with her friends and came home and found a letter on her car from him. So bitter sweet that he left just hours before he passed on. They never figured out who did it. He has a nice person with no known enemies.