Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crazy Cousins Campers!!!

So every year we put this shindig on for all the kids in our family at our family ranch. Its called cousins camp.


They have to be at least 5 years of age, and its a no parents allowed type of thing.



My Aunt has organized it since 1998 and I began helping out over the last 3 years. I have a feeling the boss title will be handed over to me eventually.....and i will accept with honor :)



Anyway, sometimes some of the older cousins (such as myself, jay, and several of the other graduated kids) come out to help, we have a BLAST going to the river

and hiking and at the end of the 4 day adventure the kids put on a talent show for the parents and we all have lunch together.



We even throw in a lil fear factor action.....Yep but not all the stunt man action, just a lil disgusting object for eating action....here's a lil looksie at some of the fabulous stuff we offer:


There is lots of this:



And this:



And this:


Oh and don't forget this:


I LOVE my face in that one....and Aaron is SUPER excited at the idea that Kayle might blow chunks!! Look at that look of anticipation on his face!!!

Yes it is a riot....with LOTS of laughter and fun!!! Here are the winners! Yep if you can keep it down you win the quoin!!!




Now Logan has been coming every year since he was born in 2001 we have always at the very least made an appearance, and he has been around lots of young silly girls taking pictures like this:

And this:

I think it is beginning to wear off on him because when my aunt developed the disposable cameras she hands out every year she found these:







Oh no hes teaching his younger brother!!!
There is WAAAY more where that came from but we'd be here all day!!! In all there was about 30 pics of his silly mug!!!
I look forward to the next cousins camp this summer!!
Anyone do anything special with their family on an annual basis??
Id love to hear about it!!!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a great idea! I'm sure this is something your family looks forward to every year.

mama's smitten said...

That is such a great tradition. What special memories for the kids!

daniella said...

How fun!!! I wish our family did that. My mom is oldest of 7 and my dad is oldest of 10. All of the uncles and aunts have a gagillion of kids of their own (I'm one of 10, yes...same parents). So, our camp would have more than 100 kids. Could you imagine? Some of them are still living in Europe, but even if we did this shindig with the cousins here in US, we'd have to rent a few campsites.

Awesome tradition! I'll have to initiate something like that for my kids and their cousins.

Lori said...

What a great tradition!!! The eating part would be gross, but love the silly pictures...

Rosie and Derek said...

How fun!!! We go camping with our family every year but I'm not much of a camper, we don't always stay overnight. But it's close enough that we can come home to sleep in our beds and go back up the next day. :)

Grand Pooba said...

What a cool idea! Who came up with that one? Certainly not a parent! Can I come next time? I'm not easily grossed out. Well maybe not.

drollgirl said...

it looks like everyone is having a blast, and that is what camping is all about!

bethany said...

That looks like so much fun! Except of course the eating yucky stuff! Love the pics of the boys being silly!!!
My family does not do anything like that but we used to go camping every year while I was growing up. Fun memories!

lowleeta said...

what a wonderful tradition! this looks like too much fun! we have a huge family on my moms side with tons of cousins...this would be so much fun for us, but we aren't very good at coordinating big events like this! haha. the best we do is every summer at the end of july, we all head down to the beach for a reunion weekend.

those pics of your sons are hilarious.