Friday, March 27, 2009

Suffering the consequences.....

Well the day of reckoning has come and TI has been sentanced to one year and one day in prision and fined 100,300 dollars.

Ive been following T.I's story since I happened upon his show on MTV which was put into motion after he was caught purchasing machine guns and silencers. WHAT??

Yeah that's the first thing that crossed my mind as well, but then i began to watch his show and learn more about this young man.....and you know what....i really like him.

The thing about this situation is that I wasn't raised as he was, i didn't grow up without my parents and I have no idea what its like to watch my best friend take his last breathe after being shot because I got into a fight, and i certainly cant imagine how scared he must have been to be purchasing weapons such as these. But what i do know is that this young man has taken what he considers to be a dark time in his life, and used it to inspire change in youth that seem to be following the path that he was once on.

I think the punishment that was handed down is fair. And although i like the guy i think he needs to suffer the consequences of his actions. My heart breaks for his wife and children but I believe in the end the high road he has taken will leave a legacy that pass to his children and inspire a generation of young men and women to think before taking the same path. I wish there were more artists who would realize their mistakes as he has and use it to inspire change.

I believe no matter how many times you screw up, you deserve the chance to prove you can do better. That of course does not mean you don't pay for what you have done. I hope he continues to walk to same walk when he finishes his sentence.


BTW i totally love his new song with JT "Dead and Gone" inspired by this situation....

UPDATE here is the video....just so you can see how talented the guy is....im not usually a rap kinda girl...but i like this song!!



11 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Okay, I'm definately going to have to do some research on this one...not quite sure who t.i. is.

Is that bad?

Tulsi said...

I know who he is because of my daughter and have liked him. I had no idea any of this other stuff was going on.

Isabelle said...

I agree with you 100% The way he's more worried about his wife and kids than himself make him so likeable. I do cardio to his songs all the time, he's so talented.

drollgirl said...

i am way behind and have no idea who this guy is and what he did. i have got to get a clue and get on this, stat!

mama's smitten said...

Gosh his poor family. I'll have to check out that new song.

Kay Bratt said...

Never heard of him but you are right that people can change-- though we all should have to pay our dues when we do wrong.

kel said...

I haven't been following the story.. but I love that song!

Jennifer said...

I did not know who he was, but I sure like that song!

HoneyB said...

Stopping in from SITS, catching up on my emails....I hadn't heard of this story either.

BryNate said...

I like that video!! I don't like rap either, but Justin does such a great job with blending with TI that it's a great song!

Keyona said...

It was sad to hear about it but it's important that he and others learn from their mistakes. Great post!