Sunday, May 10, 2009

Meaningful



I know i know....its been eons.....but I'm tired of writing about material possessions and unmeaningful things....i want my blog to be what it was originally intended to be, which is to open my heart to others so that maybe they can learn from my experiences....whatever they may be.




Although Kitty Walkers wardrobe on this episode of "brothers and sisters" was fabulous, you wont be hearing about that crap as much anymore.....okay okay i know i said "as much" baby steps people ;)




Moving right along, today was a special day, first and foremost because it was a day about the gift that is being a mother. I may not be the number one mother in the universe, but i ADORE my children.




And number two because God spoke to me. :)




Sometimes i hear from him in the most amazing ways, gently whispering through his creation. You see I have wanted to plant some flowers from the day we moved into our house 3 years ago (almost 4), but my hubby was never the flower kind of guy. We had many arguments about planting only bushes or bushes AND flowers, i could never win so i just gave up. But by golly God works in mysterious ways and my husband decided one day flowers just might work.




So, off to Lowe's we went to pick up all the supplies we needed, soil, gloves, shovels, cedar chips and of course flowers!! I picked the brightest ones, bright pink, bright orange and bright purple. Don't ask me the names of all of them because i just picked the ones that looked pretty ;) remember baby steps. Then i decided since my hubby was such a sweetheart to compromise, i might just do that as well, so we headed for the bushes and picked up some kind of sage....which are supposed to bloom....but not for a year....or at least that's what the directions say....




We worked all day uprooting all the lame monkey grass and unmatched bushes that the builders had planted and lay down the fresh soil and begin to plant our masterpieces. Jay never expected that I would be out side EVERYDAY making sure my babies were watered and given the proper nutrients so that they would grow. He even told me that made me a lil sexier...haha whatever works. :) It blew me away that my babies we growing and multiplying so quickly and soo beautiful they were. Spending time out doors made me feel great and looking at the bright colors made me happy. And then as i was returning from singing at church today, he pointed out that one of our sage bushes had bloomed its first lil flowers...I was so happy....i even took pictures
As I began to take pictures of these cute lil purple blooms i realized how even though the world may say "those flowers will never bloom" "Staci will never change....grow" God says "I AM' "I CAN" does that make sense?
These sweet lil flowers weren't supposed to grow, but their maker spent time with them, poured into them and they grew.....they flourished....their roots are DEEP and nourished. It makes me think about who i am today verses who i was 2 years ago......and i have grown....i have flourished, my roots are deep and i am nourished. Its because my maker spent time with me....poured into me and i grew........
On this day I am PROUD of who i am, and I AM a lucky blessed mother of two precious boys and a wife to an amazing hubby....who planted me a beautiful garden to draw encouragement from.
Happy mothers day to me!!!

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Beautiful post, Staci. Happy Mother's Day!

kelly said...

amazing post staci. I think its great the direction you want to take your blog and i think you will have full support from your readers! like you said baby steps...so i think a mix of the new direction and who you are ..and post about outifits and what not is the best of both worlds.

xoxo
kel

kelly said...

Oh and i forgot Happy Mothers day! xoxo

daniella said...

You have a beautiful heart, Staci! So glad you're back...I've missed you. And I don't mind hearing about silly, mundane thing either :-) We could only be so serious, deep and meaningful for so long. Laughter and silliness is good for you.

Staci said...

your right D. I need to let my silly side roll, i just dont want it to consume my blog anymore....the whole reason i started it was to speak my heart....glad to be back...

Debra said...

With God all things are possible, my sweet friend. And the flowers are beautiful!

Hope your Mother's Day was beautiful!

Isabelle said...

Congrats on the gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing. Reading that is the perfect way to start the week!

Jill said...

You have been missed :) This was a beautiful post. Happy Mother's day!

Under the Florida Sun said...

Hey there!
I was blog hopping today and saw your cute blog!! What a great Mother's Day post!! Loved it!

Hope to be back by and visit again soon!

Keyona said...

Missed ya! Great post. Hope you had an awesome Mom's Day!