Monday, July 20, 2009

Random Thoughts....

My heart sorta aches today.....i cant explain it....but it does. wha im a baby i know....cry me a river.

I had an interesting weekend. Hung out with some great friends on Friday night....people I've known for a really long time and just reconnected with. Had a blast.....stayed out way too late. Man I'm old.

Saturday I went to Houston for the NKOTB concert....wow what a show.....I'm amazed at how talented they still are after all these years.....i seriously time warped back into my prepubescent 10 year old girl days.....i screamed, i jumped up and down, i considered crying but i remained strong after i remembered i am now thirty, not ten. But man was it hard when Joey came out singing PLEEEASE DON'T GOO GIIIIIRL. I thought i was going to turn into a puddle of mush. It was good times for sure.....but lots of driving....i felt sorry for my good friend G that accompanied me on the trip....she came as a friend, left as a therapist right G??? ;)

Yesterday i was pretty much a zombie....i was runnin on a few hours of rest over two days and so i moped around in my pjs pretty much....but something really cool made me snap outta it for a few......

See a few weeks back i noticed this bird (the same bird) flying in and out of our anorexic tree in the front yard, i noticed she always had a twig of some sort so i figured she was building a nest....i figured right and within a few days there were lil chirping babies.....i called them that actually "our babies" EVERYDAY i would check on them and make sure one hadn't fallen out or died from the redonkulous weather we have here in good ole tejas. And EVERYDAY they morphed into something more beautiful than the day before. WELL, yesterday when i got home from Houston i looked up in the tree and ALL four of them were perched on their own individual branches....with mom not far away (she would sit on the stop sign at the corner of our street, ready to take action if i moved ever so slightly in the wrong direction, i think i saw her glare at me once) Anyway, i started to get sad cause i knew this would be the day they would learn to fly....i came out side several times during the day....and i swear on my life each time i would startle one of them and they would take their first lift off into the sky....MAN it was awesome to be apart of witnessing the awe of Gods creation..... just a few days ago they barely had wings....now they are flying high.....

Maybe that's why I'm so glum today....:)

Makes me think about what a gift it is that our human babies grow so much slower...thanks Lord for the time you give me to raise up my boys. They are my heart.

Anyway, thats it....carry on



9 comments:

Under the Florida Sun said...

What a beautiful post. So many things to be thankful and joyful about..
Praying your heart will swell this evening will joy and smiles..
I've been there.. God will mend it soon :-)

Maggie Whitley said...

what a neat reflection! birds are so cute... and thanks to God that you were able to feel super blessed to be a mommy to your boys.

xo-
GUSSY

Sunshinemeg said...

You have such a big heart. I don't know you, have never met you, but your heart comes through your writing so much. What a cute story. I'm sorry they have left the nest.

Oh and if I saw NKOTB sing please don't gooo girrrrl.... I would be balling. For sure!

I don't judge.

Hahaha, have a good week. Maybe your birds will come back to visit.

daniella said...

You made a pregnant woman cry. Now I will leave you think about the consequences.

Seriously though, reading this post gave me the umph (sp?) and heart to truly live up to the name of my blog and try to Love Every Moment. Because before I know it she'll be 10 and begging me to go to some Jonah Brothers-ish type concert.

Kristina P. said...

But the mama bird should be so proud that she raised such independent birdies. :)

I really want to go to NKOTB.

Keyona said...

Achy hearts help us to love more.

Lori said...

What a sweet post! We all need to enjoy the time we have together.

Grand Pooba said...

How sweet about YOUR birdies! Awwwww, I want some birdies of my own someday!

I'm so jealous you got to go to the NKOTB concert! Joey was my boyfriend in elementary! I think they wrote that song after me anyway.

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

so sweet post! thanks for your lovely comments when I was away, darling! xo