Wednesday, July 15, 2009





This past weekend we had to take lil man in to the hospital for cellulitis. Cellulitis is a diffuse infection of connective tissue with severe inflammation of dermal and subcutaneous layers of the skin. Cellulitis can be caused by normal skin flora or by exogenous bacteria, and often occurs where the skin has previously been broken: cracks in the skin, cuts, blisters, burns, insect bites, surgical wounds, or sites of intravenous catheter insertion. Skin on the face or lower legs are most commonly affected by this infection, though cellulitis can occur on any part of the body.


Landon got into an ant pile on friday night and got about 10 ant bites in one area. He is VERY allergic to bites of any kind and so they almost ALWAYS swell, well this was horrible. By Sunday morning his ankle looked broken. I immediately called my good friend Kara to make sure she was working at the ER and took him in. Thank GOD for Kara, we have been to the hospital with Landon before and getting an iv in him was TORTURE, so much so that Jason had to leave the room this time, but Kara was a pro, and Landon hardly flinched.


Being at the hospital, it was NO FUN. However he acted as though nothing was wrong, talking about how he wanted a new train.....and would NOT sit still even though mommy kept telling him he had to keep his leg elevated. But thats what makes Landon so wonderful, even when he is sick he is happy!!


The Docs put him on some IV antibiotics and we were able to come home with oral antibiotics yesterday. His leg looks wonderful and i am praising God for his protection! Cellulitis can be VERY dangerous. Thank you to all who prayed and wished us well.

8 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Ooooohhhh, poor Landon! That is so scary! Children do not belong in hospitals, it makes me so sad!

I'm glad he's doing better! He's so fricken cute!

Blogalicious Designs said...

Awe, my sweet Landon!! I'm so glad he's ok!! Such a trooper :)

Sunshinemeg said...

Glad to hear all is well. Poor little guy, sounds like he did great though. Love the picture of you and your kids in the hospital, know it was in the hospital, but still cute!

Under the Florida Sun said...

Aww. Hope he is feeling better soon.

How fun to take pictures and find fun in a situation like this.. I'm sure it made him feel better.

Keyona said...

Aww. Poor baby. I hope he jumps back soon!

daniella said...

I'm so sorry, poor baby. As cheesy as this sounds, I'm so glad he's ok. And what a blessing is to have a friend working at the ER!

bethany said...

I'm sorry to hear that Landon got sick...he definately looks like he's quite the trooper though!
Praising God with you that your baby is ok :)
I am actually headed to your neck of the woods in 2 weeks! We are going to pick up my Grandfather in Tx. Road trip with my family from Ca to Tx...pray for me!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

So good to hear that he is doing better.

Blessings!