Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Loalbo's Go Camping

When i was a youngin i spent most of my summer weekends at a place in Concan, Texas called "Garner State Park"

I cannot tell you how many memories i have of coming here and swimming in the crystal clear Frio river, and roasting marsh mellows....even making new friends!! Some of my FAVORITE memories are of my time spent here and so i figured the boys needed the experience.

When we arrived we immediately got to work helping daddy with the tent.



Here's Logan
And lil Landon


Here's the finished product....they were good lil helpers!

After setting up camp we had to get the fire going....Here are the boys in front of it.

Landon was soo amazed by it....
After setting up we decided to take a walk down to the river which was literally a hop skip and a jump from our site.
Here's a pic of me and the boys and the beautiful hill country

And Daddy and the boys


Us.

Jason bought the boys head lamps so they could explore in the dark.

They were REALLY excited to conquer this big rock!!


After our walk we headed back for some dinner....we had hot dogs (which the boys roasted themselves on sticks, and steaks.


When we (me and my bro) would go camping with mimaw and pipaw as kids my pipaw would always make bow and arrows for us outta sticks and string...i made sure to tell jay that he should do the same for the boys and boy did he!! They came out AWESOME and were a hit with the kids at the campground.


Landon was soo impressed with his fire he decided he needed to make one of his own, i can not tell you how cute it was watching him put it all together by himself...here he is with his creation!

And with the flash light to make it look like its burning real fire....he even pretended to roast a marsh mellow. isn't he a doll??

And what would camping be WITHOUT roasted marsh mellows!!


We woke up, cooked eggs bacon and sausage on the camp fire, and headed out for a hike.....we had a wonderful time and will be doing that more often for sure!!!


9 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

That looks like a blast. For our upcoming wedding, we registered for some camping equipment in hopes we can take trips like this. Your kids looks like they loved every minute of it. How fun!

Lori said...

That looked like so much fun! We took Emily and her cousin camping once and they loved it. I don't think I'm much of a camper, but my hubby did make sure there was a shower for me close by.LOL

Shaun said...

Sweet, so how was it? Is it still nice or is it all run down. We got a camper!!! Cant wait to use it....

lowleeta said...

great photos! looks like such a fun trip. youre kids are so cute.

bethany said...

How fun! The kiddos look like they enjoyed it and you and Jason too!
I love camping....we grew up camping at my dad's friends place. It is beautiful! Right outside Yosemite (a gorgeous national park here in CA.) Such great memories!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Those are great pictures - I'm wanting to be standing next to a campfire SOOO badly!

Those boys are just too cute!

Isabelle said...

Looks like you all had a blast! Your boys are so cute!!!

BTW I love your new blog design!

Keyona said...

I am such a NON camper but it looks like yall had a blast!

Grand Pooba said...

I am so jealous! Not only of your cute family, but the fact that you got to go camping! I love camping and I haven't been in loooooong time!