Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 in Blogs



Well its a new year, and along with a new year comes a new start, a clean slate if you will :) Im not good at the whole new years resolution thing but im really gonna try this year to




A. not be so stressed all the time cause i think its making me a lard ass.

and


B. work out consistantly because i always do well until the holidays start and then i fail miserably by consistantly stuffing my face which in turn is making me a lard ass :)



Since those are really the only two resolutions i have i thought i would take you on a walk down blog memory lane circa 2009 by month. So here goes:







In JANUARY,



we rang in the new year with the Samudios and several of our other close friends









We had such a great time and im sure i said a bajillion times "im gonna work out like a mad woman in 2009" psh yeah RIGHT!!



What came next in January shocked and devastated me, I had returned home from a mini vaca with a girlfriend and noticed my Best Friend Amy had called several times, when i finally got ahold of her she informed me a good friend from High school, her ex-boyfriend Rufus had been shot and killed by some random person he didnt even know. It made me realize just how short life truly is....Rufus was a wonderful person who will be missed by many. He had JUST graduated from A&M and looked forward to starting his new career. Read more HERE



I then decided to give a lil lesson on RIGHTEOUSNESS you can read about that HERE...i think ill be reading about that too ;)









Landon turned 3







Then i spilled my guts about what was on my heart HERE ive updated it so you can see how things have changed....that should keep you busy for a moment.....





In FEBRUARY




My Bloggy friend over at Learning to Love Every Moment asked for prayer for her sweet niece who developed a staph infection or MRSA as an infant, so i asked for prayer on this here blog and the next day we recieved news that the infection was gone....NOT the norm....but when two or more are gathered in his name for prayer....there HE IS, amen?? Pretty cool!!!





Then I went to visit my BFF Lindz we had a BLAST and i am ashamed to admit i have not been back to Houston since......its the most AWFUL feeling being away from her....i will stop talking and post pics.....otherwise i might cry :(









Then i decided to try my hand at flash, which i then promptly decided is the devil and shall only be worked with if a client REEEEALLY wants it. :)



And then MARCH came



...and it became clear to me that my son needed to know about Jesus, So we had a convo about that, and you can read it HERE. its pretty darn cute!!



Then i finished the HOW I MET MY HUSBAND story which was a BIG accomplishment people, you can read that HERE.



Then in APRIL

BRCC had its easter services at the Freeman Coliseum it was AMAZING and sooo many people .Our Church partnered with the San Antonio food bank in hopes to restock it during these hard economical times where they are running really low, and when i left they had already filled 5 big moving trucks FULL of food and they were still loading. Pretty cool!! And that was pretty much the only thing that happened in April.




In MAY


Blogalicious Designs celebrated its ONE YEAR anniversary!! YEEY us



I celebrated mothers day and my newly planted bushes bloomed. So did my relationship with God READ MORE HERE



I also almost lost my life changing a light bulb READ HERE





In JUNE








And mourned the death of the king of pop. :(


In JULY

I celebrated turning twenty ten ;)




And Landon went into the hospital :(

Then i had some random thoughts, which is normal for me ;)


Then in AUGUST

I decided i was selfish :)

and well thats about it for august


In SEPTEMBER

We went to the zoo

Celebrated 9 years of marriage

Decided to take a HUGE step

and

Logan turned 8!!!!

In OCTOBER

we went camping!

and Halloween sucked cause i had the WORST stomach pains ever,
which in NOVEMBER

turned out to be my gallbladder!!

and luckily it didnt hurt my thanksgiving!!

And DECEMBER,

Well December went by too fast for me to blog!! And it was VERY bitter sweet, while i enjoyed my kid home on winter break, and had a lovely Christmas, i found out a friend from middle school had passed away just DAYS after her beautiful baby boy was born. :( Although i hadnt seen Lindsey or her husband in years, it affected me in ways i cannot explain, as im sure it did many others. If you knew her or would like to simply read about what an amazing girl she was or donate to her precious son, you can go HERE.

My 2009 was eventful, sad, happy, beautiful, fun, frustrating and a million other things all tied into one...but i wouldnt trade the memories for anything!!

Happy 2010!!





1 comments:

mama's smitten said...

Welcome back! Ive missed you. sorry to hear about all the loss...
I do want to wish you a happy new year and can't wait to see what it brings for you!