Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Off to College


Our youngest boy, Landon Ray is officially an Aggie. He started school Monday. I have to say I am so very proud of him for dreaming big and doing what he set out to do.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, Landon has wanted to be an aerospace engineer since he was very young, and he has always wanted to attend Texas A&M. He accomplished the goal of getting into the school of engineering and I believe he will work hard and make his dream of being an aerospace engineer a reality.  

 Before we got him settled into his dorm we took some time to take him to NASA, where he hopes to one day work, where we got to see the Saturn V rocket and of course all the other things the NASA tour has to offer.  It was truly an amazing experience.  









The only way I know how to describe how I felt after leaving him the next day at his dorm with his new roommates is to use the word grief.  I grieved as if I had lost him forever.  It is such an odd feeling to come home and he not be there to greet me.  It is terrible sitting down after dinner to watch Big Bang Theory (every season for the 3rd time) without him.  And though I know I'll see him during off periods and holidays, it will never be the same and that is so difficult to grasp.  Same with when my oldest flew the coop. I know we have done a great job raising our boys, and that they will do wonderful in life, but it doesn't hurt any less to let go and let them grow. Watching him hug his daddy, giving him a hug myself and then watching him walk into the dorm was the most excruciating and beautiful moment, one I will truly never forget.  






0 comments: